P&C Account Manager
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Provide assistance to Risk Advisors in handling and processing of new and renewal commercial lines clients.
- Provide Proactive in‐house customer service to clients as assigned and requested.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate expirations with producer to obtain renewal and/or new business information.
- Maintain expiration control log.
- Assist in marketing new and renewal business, determine premiums, prepare presentation packets and maintain underwriting and marketing information by carrier.
- Check new and renewal policies for accuracy in rating, typing, coverages, signatures and input these transactions to generate billing invoices. Ensure that these items are delivered and/or mailed to client.
- Receive phone calls from clients and companies regarding insurance, claims, or administrative problems and comply with the request and/or refer to the producer only when necessary.
- Maintain a suspense system to follow up on outstanding orders, correspondence, reports and follow up on overdue and suspense items.
- Maintain all client activity in the agency automation system. Maintain files in an orderly, up‐to date manner.
- Be familiar with and follow agency E & O guidelines.
- Prioritize workload and/or request for assistance as required.
- Upon receipt of claim/loss, responsible for completing claim file, which includes policy verification, making preliminary or tentative determinations of coverage; for the purpose of payment and permanent record keeping.
- Assume other job responsibilities as assigned by department manager.
- Minimum five years’ experience in similar position is desirable. Must be licensed with 2‐20 the State of Florida.
- Must be a self‐starter, imaginative and creative with good communication skills both verbal and written. Should have thorough understanding of commercial lines underwriting and coverages.