Certified Police Officer & Non-Certified Police Trainee
Title: Certified Police Officer & Non-Certified Police Trainee Department:
Police Location: Government Center
Salary: Starting pay $59,364.27 - $90,777.82, depending on applicant qualifications
Trainee pay $37,500.00 - $49,000.00
Official City Application Required
The City is accepting applications for F/T Certified Police Officers and Non-Certified Police Trainees for Police Officer/Trainee openings and open Reserve Officer positions.
Certified means you have graduated from an accredited police academy, and possess a valid State of Florida Law Enforcement certificate on date application is submitted; if non-certified, must be able to successfully complete the Police Academy and State of Florida Police exam.
Candidates currently enrolled in a Law Enforcement Academy/Basic Recruit Class may apply to the position meeting the basic requirements. Candidates are required to submit verification of enrollment at Law Enforcement Academy/Basic Recruit Class (i.e. Acceptance letter).
Must pass thorough background investigation, polygraph, psychological, medical and drug screen. Must successfully pass a physical agility test within the last 6 months prior to application as administered by a certified FDLE training center. Applicants must have successfully completed a swim test administered by a certified FDLE training center. Passing scores must be submitted at time of application.
- Minimum 21 years of age
- High School graduation/GED and 3 years Military Service or college degree (AA/AS).
- Valid Florida driver’s license w/no record of DUI, suspension or revocation in any state.
- US Citizen
- Good physical condition
- Ability to exercise tact, diplomacy and courtesy in dealing with a variety of people
- Must be able to read and write the English language.
- Ability to use mobile or hand-held radio & related communication equipment.
- Ability to exercise good judgment
- Ability to maintain objectivity in making decisions
- Good moral character without felony conviction, or misdemeanor, conviction for perjury or false statement.
The following documents are required with employment application: AA/AS Degree or High School Diploma and 3 years Military Service; Physical Agility Test results; Swim test results; and job specific certificates (if certified); FBAT/CJBAT results (non-certified).