Join our collaborative legal team and take your career to the next level!
This role provides advice, strategic and transactional support to business units in negotiating and drafting of commercial agreements with new and existing clients within a telecommunications, wireless and hi-tech environment.
- Identify potential legal risks &/or impact to existing businesses, as appropriate. Counsel & advise business management on ramifications of those risks and potential strategies to mitigate those risks.
- Understand the business objectives of the Company and provide legal support and counsel to achieve those objectives.
- Review statutes, regulations and other areas to take advantage of best practices and synergies consistent with Company compliance philosophy.
- May supervise outside legal counsel from time to time.
- Bachelors degree and Law Degree (JD) from an accredited law school.
- Membership in good standing in the bar of at least one state.
- 6 years experience providing legal counsel on business issues and contractual issues in a law firm or corporate legal department, including experience with telecommunications and/or technology
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills.
- Exceptionally strong oral and written communication skills, ability to communicate effectively with all levels of organization internally and externally.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to evaluate fact situations, identify legal issues, locate applicable legal authority and analyze current statutes, regulations and case law and recommend appropriate alternative course of action and direction based on these.
- Ability to mitigate risk and recommend appropriate and defensible courses of action.
- Ability to understand business strategy and basic financial aspects of business ventures.
- Demonstrated commitment to Code of Ethics and Canons of Professional Responsibility.
- In-depth knowledge of statutes and regulations governing insurance and related products.