The Actuarial Assistant assembles and verifies data used in creating actuarial analysis to support Assurant Specialty Property. The Actuarial Assistant applies basic actuarial/statistical techniques to achieve goals that contribute to the attainment of revenue and profitability targets.
Major Areas of Accountability
- Assist in developing new tools or information sources that enhance the collection and analysis of information.
- Assist in gathering data to be used for pricing cycles.
- Assist in the development and tracking of relevant information concerning the company financial position.
- Assist in creating future projections that supply a foundation for recommendations to senior management to improve the company financial position.
- Assist in evaluating senior management initiatives to maximize potential company financial position improvement.
- Provide support services to provide for rate implementation. Follow specifications written by other actuarial personnel, communicate algorithm changes, and verify system table accuracy. Perform basic pre-release testing and document test results. Perform basic post-release analysis and reconciliation.
- Perform administrative duties to support compliance activities, addressing state filings and reform requirements. Update documentation and file simple changes. Research legislation and regulations as required.
- Bachelors Degree in Actuarial Science or Mathematics
- Successful completion of at least 1 examination toward CAS certification
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Strong Excel skills
- Knowledge in evaluating data needs and judging data quality
- Ability to learn to apply mathematical modeling, forecasting, statistical analysis, and actuarial techniques to product pricing and risk management issues
- Ability to assist in building data models and conducting scenario testing and sensitivity analysis
- SQL knowledge preferred.
- Proficiency in mathematical and statistical concepts