Operations Analyst I
Conducts analysis, needs assessments, and preliminary cost/benefits analysis for system enhancements. Translates business objectives into systematic solutions, including design and documentation of requirements. Collaborates with development resources to meet objectives and communicate expectations regarding implementation. Performs testing of systems, including user acceptance and regression testing. Works under minimal supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Acts as the customer/IT liaison during analysis requirements definition and design activities.
- Maintains an understanding of a broad range of business/technical processes and all related systems.
- Understands and applies the system development methodology.
- Collaborates with business stakeholders to define and document business requirements and assist technical staff with design of the final solution.
- Provides a single point of contact between business units and IT teams.
- Coordinates activities on project assignments with medium risk and complex and includes the performance of activities such as requirement definition, research, analysis, coordination and documentation. (Depending on the Business Unit needs, it may include testing & training.)
- Participates in root cause analysis of complex business problems and applies business knowledge and practical experience to recommend system, product enhancements or other appropriate actions to improve productivity for both the business and IT units.
- Understands the core business objectives, project implementation process, structure and capabilities of the systems involved in the project implementation.
- Interacts with internal project team members to design mutually acceptable solutions.
- Based on the Business Units need, may oversee/assist testing activities when needed.
- Works with different teams to estimate and plan requirements.
- Manages deliverables including, but not limited to scope, business requirements, system requirements, functional requirements and UAT testing process.
- Ensuring proper operational support transition to impacted business teams after implementation.
- Communicates project status, business impacts and system changes to project team members.
- Performs maintenance tasks based on Business Unit needs.
- 2+ years of Business Systems Analyst experience in an Information Technology environment.
- Proficient in the following business applications: MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook and Visio Process Flows.
- Experience with Agile /Telecom and Call Center applications.
- Requires excellent communication, analytical and negotiation skills; Excellent oral, writing, and presentation skills to effectively communicate technical information to all levels of internal and external project teams.
- Strong analytical skills, self-motivated, very strong work ethic, ability to switch effortlessly between business and technical terminology, learn quickly, multi task and meet deadlines.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned tasks and goals.
Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of Business Systems Analyst experience
- Experience in the technical and business project implementation
- Knowledge of Microsoft dynamics CRM
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Ability to work with frequent interruptions, as well as prioritize tasks with shifting deadlines. Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
10% of Travel required
Analyze Problems and Make Decisions
Apply Functional Knowledge
Build Credibility and Trust
Collaborate with Others
Focus on Customers
Leverage Business Acumen
Plan and Organize