The Technical Instructors primary role will focus on the creation and maintenance of internal documented policies, procedures and related documents for the various business units that make up the Insurance Tracking Services (ITS), Commercial Tracking Services (CTS), and Renters Tracking departments. A successful candidate in this position has a strong technical background and can understand complex concepts and document them in a way that is easy for our internal customers to understand and follow. This candidate will play a key role in making sure that our technical documentation is accurate, timely, and of high quality. The Technical Instructor will also support the Training Specialist, as needed, in facilitating new hire and refresher trainings.
Create and maintain reference guides
Research, write, maintain, and publish documentation and ensure material is accessible and available to associates
Participate in all aspects of documentation development from planning through publishing
Gather documentation requirements
Interview subject matter experts
Follow existing style guides and help develop a plan for upgrading these style guides to meet evolving customer demands
Participate in strategic and tactical efforts to redesign/augment existing content to improve readability and usability of the information
Provide recommendations for enhancing documentation based on industry best practices
Participate as a member of the Quality Assurance team and assist in special projects and decision making as required.
Assist other QA team members with audits and other product development activities as required.
Other duties as assigned.
- Possess advanced English language written and oral communication abilities
- Must have an aptitude for analytical thinking and technical understanding.
- Must be able to collaborate with colleagues in all departments to develop, edit and format documents in accordance with our clients standards.
- Must be able to ensure that the document control processes are in compliance per internal standards
- Enjoy researching, collecting, analyzing and organizing technical information.
- Function in a self-directed manner in a team environment.
- Proficiency with MS Excel, Word, Publisher, and Outlook is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft SharePoint (end user and administrator tasks).
- Be highly-organized and adapt to new technologies easily.
- Have the ability to take unformatted technical feedback and document it in such a way as to make it easily understandable to a non-technical reader.
- Be able to deliver high quality documentation paying close attention to detail.
- Be able to describe complex processes in concise, easy to understand English.
- Have the ability to handle sensitive and complex issues with discretion and good judgment.
Strong knowledge of diagramming and screen capture tools
Demonstrated ability to write and edit within tight deadlines
Class management skills with an ability to instruct a technical audience
Ability to operate independently to manage all aspects of documentation
Self-starter who can collaborate with a small team towards completing varied tasks
Detail-oriented with minimal review needed for work
- Contribute to training team goals and objectives
- Generate creative ideas for change and improvement in content and delivery