The Broadspire Internship Program (BIP) is designed to challenge and reward a select number of students with an opportunity to work with the Broadspire team. The program is intended to provide knowledge, tools, skills, and experiences an intern can readily apply to future challenges and professional pursuits.
- Provide high level overview of Crawford & Company
- Showcase various units of Broadspire through company leaders and innovators while learning about rewarding careers in the insurance industry
- Opportunity for students to recognize their strengths, interests, problem solving skills, and abilities to deal with internal/external customers in a work environment through verbal and written communication
- Allow students to experience the roles, expectations, and behaviors expected in a professional work environment while developing a professional toolbox for life in the business world
- Build a professional network though virtual network activities with other BIP interns and Broadspire employees across the country
Working alongside a licensed professional adjuster, you will -
- Issue payments, request wage information for the adjusters, order surveillance, and complete medical calls to obtain the current work status
- Contact agents and insured on routine claims to obtain coverage information
- Compose a variety of material such as letters, benefit notices, or memorandums for medical appointment, attorneys, or external clients
- Complete and present a final project at the end of the 10 week program
- Completion of freshman year and currently enrolled as a sophomore or higher
- Majoring in Business Administration, Business Management, or Humanities and Social Sciences degrees
- Grade Point Average of at least 2.5 or equivalent is required
- A desire to learn about the third party claims industry
- A passion for helping our claimants by listening, investigating, having empathy, using emotional intelligence, and utilizing time management skills to assist them on their road to recovery
- Must be capable of working in a fast paced environment and the ability to learn to be flexible, adaptable, and develop excellent multi-tasking and communication skills
Broadspire (www.choosebroadspire.com), a leading international third party administrator, provides risk management solutions designed to help clients improve their financial results. Broadspire offers casualty claim and medical management services to assist large organizations in achieving their unique goals, increasing employee productivity and reducing the cost of risk through professional expertise, technology and data analytics. As a Crawford Company, Broadspire is based Atlanta, Ga., with 85 locations throughout the United States. Services are offered by Crawford & Company under the Broadspire brand in Europe (www.Broadspire.eu), including the United Kingdom (www.BroadspireTPA.co.uk).
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
- Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries;
- On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career
- Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.