Field Claims Adjuster- S. Florida
American Integrity Insurance, the premier writer of Florida homeowners insurance, has more than 275,000 customers and is exclusively represented by more than 900 independent agents who specialize in this complex and ever-evolving market. We offer sound and comprehensive home, condo, rental property and manufactured home insurance to families throughout the Sunshine State. Comprised of over 200 insurance professionals, most of whom work in our Tampa-area headquarters, we have been recognized as a Top Place to Work in Tampa by the Tampa Bay Times and a Best Places to Work in Insurance by Business Insurance magazine for the past three years.
A Day in the Life:
Who Says Insurance Cant Be Fun? From company picnics to charity events, no one can ever say American Integrity Insurance doesnt understand the importance of having fun, helping others and giving back. Our company culture is priceless, and we hold true to our six core values: integrity, commitment, teamwork, humility, passion and fun. As a team working to provide home insurance solutions to our policyholders, together we aim to achieve greater heights each day and celebrate each other's accomplishments along the way. It is our mission to continue providing reliable, customer-centric homeowners insurance to Florida residents and paying claims in a timely manner when our customers suffer a loss and to do so with Integrity.
Learn more about American Integrity Insurance and our job opportunities at www.aiicfl.com.This Job
Title: Field Claims Adjuster
Investigates and evaluates field claims reported on our policies to determine coverage and extent of damage in an attempt to reach an appropriate and negotiated settlement in accordance with statutory requirements, policy provisions and customary and reasonable mitigation techniques.What Youll Do
- Confirms coverage and identifies / resolves coverage issues. Contacts insured same day as claim is assigned.
- Conducts proper investigations on cause of loss and procures proper documentation and supporting reports utilizing vendors appropriately. Continually evaluates vendor performance and techniques. Identifies and recommends subrogation opportunities.
- Utilizes peer review as needed.
- Reviews and processes correspondence and takes appropriate action. Maintains up-to-date claim file diary.
- Completes assigned claims promptly with full required documentation. Processes payment and / or denial based on policy coverage.
- Assesses exposure and sets proper reserves. Notifies management of large losses promptly.
- Communicates with customers, agents, and other partners verbally and in writing in a professional manner. Represents the company as the product coverage and statutory expert for our insureds, agents, and vendors.
- Maintains appropriate documentation on all claim files and processes claims in a timely manner.
- Meets company service standards and effectively uses the diary system to remain current.
- Manages special projects, as assigned, within the established time and quality guidelines.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining open and trusting working relationships with insureds in order to gather pertinent information.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of the position.
Education: High School Diploma or GED required. College Degree preferred.
Experience: One (1) to three (3) years prior experience in field claims adjusting and three (3) to five (5) years prior experience estimating claims, prior carrier experience preferred.
Licensure: State of Florida 520 or 620 License desired. If you do not have a current Florida adjuster's license, American Integrity will work with you to obtain one during a reasonable amount of time. Completion of insurance courses such as IIA, AEI, or CPCU preferred.
- Ability to analyze facts and coverages in order to evaluate damages.
- Proven ability in negotiation and investigation required.
- Ability to communicate interpersonally with individuals and groups via telephone and in writing.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of technical / professional / consumer clients.
- Microsoft Windows and Office Suite.
- Familiarity with industry claims systems and property estimating systems, Xactimate preferred.
Working Conditions: Normal business office environment. Must be able to remain in a stationary position for periods of time while constantly operating a computer and or other office productivity machinery such as a calculator or telephone. The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery or communicate with coworkers. The employee must occasionally lift and / or move up to 10 pounds. During field work, this employee is also regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions. During field work the employee is exposed to work in areas of height, small spaces, and fumes or airborne particles and may occassionally be exposed to toxic of caustic chemicals. The field work noise level is usually moderate.
Travel: Field travel as required.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to be the principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of job duties.
American Integrity Insurance Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.