The Administrative Assistant will perform a wide range of administrative duties and provide broad support to the Claims Litigation team of 6 attorneys and two paralegals. The role will handle conflicting and shifting priorities and sensitive and confidential information. This position will be based at Assurants offices in Miami, FL and will report to the Vice President, Litigation based in Atlanta, GA. Responsibilities Include:
- Provide daily administrative support to VP and Claims Litigation team including: sorting and delivering mail, word processing, correspondence, answering telephones, and maintaining filing system.
- Provide administrative support for litigation management including: opening new matters in litigation management system, updating matters and uploading documents to system, requesting files, processing and responding to requests by team members and outside law firms, and assisting in settlement and matter closure tasks.
- Calendar management including: scheduling meetings for VP and Claims Litigation team with both internal key stakeholders/executives and outside law firms.
- Managing travel schedule for VP and Claims Litigation Team, including submitting timely expense reimbursements.
- Creating, preparing, and revising regular monthly reports in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Mail sorting, opening, and distribution.
- Routine filing and other administrative tasks.
- Ordering supplies for the team.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Associates degree and/or additional administrative education and experience. Bachelors degree preferred.
- 2 years of administrative experience supporting a senior leader.
- 4+ years prior administrative experience preferred.
- Prior experience in a law firm or corporate legal department preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong verbal & written communication and excellent collaborative, interpersonal skills.
- Strong knowledge of grammar, proof reading, and general correspondence skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work with shifting priorities.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Understanding sensitivity of deadlines.
- Ability to handle sensitive/confidential information.
- Ability to interact with people at all levels of organization.