Claims Adjuster - Catastrophe In-house Desk
We have an outstanding opportunity for Catastrophe claims adjusters to work with Florida Peninsula Claims Services (FPCS), a division of Florida Peninsula Insurance. This position involves providing prompt and thorough claim service to customers in the event of a Catastrophe (i.e. Hurricane, Tornado, etc.). The Catastrophe In-House Desk Adjuster would be responsible for claims involving dwelling damage, damage to other structures, personal property damage, food spoilage, additional living expense, and/or loss assessments that can be handled at the desk level (no field handling).
The Catastrophe in-house desk adjuster would be compensated on daily rate schedule. This is a temporary position for Catastrophe Duty only. Position located in our office located in Boca Raton, FL. Or temporary other location based on landfall location and impact to the Boca Raton, FL area.
- Prompt and courteous customer service in handling Catastrophe claims.
- Timely investigation, review of insurance policies, and verification of cause of loss for coverage determination.
- Reviews documentation submitted and verifies information.
- Determines based on facts of loss if the claim should be reassigned to field adjuster for handling.
- Prepares Xactimate estimates of damage to dwellings and personal property. Determines amount owed for additional living expenses, as applicable. Maintains proper file documentation reflecting scope of loss and claim adjustment.
- Prepares reports and correspondence in accordance with Company and State guidelines and procedures.
- Communicates with policyholders, public adjusters, attorneys, vendors and experts as applicable and be able to work in a Fast Track / Fast paced environment.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School graduate required; college degree preferred.
- Must have active adjuster’s license or be qualified for a temporary Florida Adjuster’s license for Catastrophe.
- 3+ years of property claims adjustment in-house or field experience required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good skills working with customers.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of property insurance policy and coverage analysis.
- Must be able to work under deadlines.
- Proficient in MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong skills and experience with Xactimate estimating program.
- Must have laptop computer and active Xactimate program to work from.