Subrogation - Litigation Examiner
The Subrogation Litigation Examiner reviews claims involving product defects, losses regarding commercial and residential buildings, and contractor work. This position may be required to make personal appearances on behalf of the company when requested.
The following are the usual, basic and essential functions of the position. These functions are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills that may be required.
Essential Job Functions
- Communicate and work with adjusters, attorneys, and other personnel regarding claims
- Assist with review of claims and investigations
- Appear on behalf of the company in court proceedings and depositions as necessary
- Ability to work independently as well as with the team
Required Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- A minimum of 5 years experience in property insurance
- Florida 5-20 Insurance License required
- High school diploma or GED
- IICRC Certification preferred
- Experience testifying in Court and at depositions
- Field experience adjusting property damage claims and/or liability claims
- Ability to handle and maintain time sensitive material
- Dependable and reliable
- Ability to multi-task
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Working knowledge of residential and commercial building mechanical systems, including but not limited to, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and roofing
- Prior experience with Xactimate or similar software preferred
- Medical, dental and vision insurance (post 60-day probationary period)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a Company match up to 5% of your contribution and match are fully-vested (post 90-day probationary period)
- Paid vacation (post 90-day probationary period)
Universal Insurance Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
By submitting your resume for this position, you understand and agree that Universal Insurance Holdings, Inc., may share your resume, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.