RN Field Case Manager | Remote Miami/Fort Lauderdale, FL area
Insurance Placement Solutions has an immediate opening for an RN Field Nurse Manager with our client in their Miami, FL location. As a member of our client’s team, utilize your knowledge of nurse case management to act as liaison for involved parties in the worker's compensation injury by communicating in person and telephonically with the patient/caregiver, attorneys, employer, claims examiners, telephonic nurse case manager, return to work specialists, vocational rehabilitation supervisor, provider(s), ancillary provider(s) and healthcare team.
This position is a Work-From-Home opportunity and will travel in a radius around home location in Southern Florida.
RN Field Case Manager Responsibilities
- Assesses and analyzes injured worker's medical and vocational status.
- Develops a progressive plan of care to facilitate medical recovery and progressive return to work.
- Manages one-time task assignment or full field case management referral to meet with attending physician, injured worker and/or employer to clarify medical and/or vocational claim related information which could not be obtained through correspondence or telephonic attempts by claims team.
- Collaborates with members of the health care team to provide ongoing case management services.
- Acts as liaison for involved parties in the worker's compensation injury by communicating in person and telephonically with the patient/caregiver, attorneys, employer, claims examiners, telephonic nurse case manager, return to work specialists, vocational rehabilitation supervisor, provider(s), ancillary provider(s) and healthcare team.
- Monitors injured employee's progress towards appropriately established outcomes through continuous assessment and evaluation.
- Coordinates necessary referrals, consultations, and therapeutic services for the injured employee.
- Completes the interview process with the patient/caregiver in the home, worksite, ancillary location or physician's office for current and ongoing assessments and evaluations.
- Assists in the development of continued care plans as necessary to include patient education and prevention programs.
- Testifies as needed to substantiate relevant casework or reports.
- Confers with medical treating providers concerning the course of care and treatment per clinical guidelines.
- Educates medical providers on appropriate disability and treatment guidelines as necessary.
- 3+ years of case management experience
- RN License required
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred
- CCM, CRRN, COHN, CDMS eligibility or current certification preferred
About Insurance Placement Solutions
IPS is an insurance staffing and recruiting firm dedicated to the insurance industry, including workers compensation claims jobs in the Miami, FL area. Our services are designed to be a resource for clients to gain access to high caliber talent. Many of our clients do not have the dedicated manpower to quickly fill their temporary, temporary to hire or direct hire vacancies. That is where we come in. Our clients are able to utilize our services to maintain business-as-usual during unforeseen interruptions and fluctuating business needs. Plus, our candidates benefit from gaining backdoor access to sought-after positions with top companies in the industry.