Application Systems Architect
The API Management Architect role exists to provide overarching expertise and guidance for all things related to API development based on the Mulesoft Anypoint platform, working with developers, designers, and business users to understand and design technical solutions centered on The Anypoint Platform. A principal role will be to lead the Mulesoft Center for Enablement to provide training, guidance on design, development and troubleshooting to APIs. The API Management Architect is ultimately responsible for guidance around using API Management for a given project including (but not limited to) onboarding APIs and Developers to the Anypoint platform, provide guidance on design and development of APIs. They will also help establish development best practices, process guidance, and promote creating reusable assets in the Anypoint platform and publish this information in the Mulesoft Center for Enablement web site. The API Management Architect will be expected to provide technical leadership to the organization helping with infrastructure design, application integration, ongoing performance optimization and process improvement for API Management across the organization.
- API implementation support (30%)
- Reusable platform development (30%)
- Business liaison (20%)
- Forward thinking regarding API Management (20%)
- Bachelors degree in CS, MIS, etc
- 4 years Java development experience, .NET experience is a plus
- 2 years API Management experience
- 7 years of experience in technology services related work.
- 4 years of related hardware/software and system technologies.
- API Management developer certifications, Mulesoft certification a plus
- Experience in application architecture, design, and development in Java/.NET
- Deep and broad knowledge of API Management concepts and features
- Deep and broad knowledge of web service development using SOAP/REST
- Broad knowledge of web protocols such as HTTP, HTML, CSS
- Broad knowledge of network infrastructure such as load balancers, firewalls, etc
- Strong knowledge of distributed systems
- Experience with cloud application design patterns
- Ability to lead others in project delivery
- Comfort in communicating with leadership on major issues
- Understanding of the software development life cycle
- Operational understanding of software support
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple issues and tasks while remaining responsive to immediate problems
- Experience in influencing others, managing conflict and interacting well with individuals throughout the organizational hierarchy
- Understanding of various disciplines and technologies, such as web, directory services, directory synchronization, security, databases, networking, infrastructure and application development is key.
- Multi-lingual is a plus