Team Manager - Broadspire
Under general direction, supervises the investigation, management, and timely disposition of claims within account, carrier and/or company guidelines, and assists the Assistant VP of Claims in managing the Service Center.
- Establishes and communicates performance standards and objectives and conducts performance appraisals. Administers corrective action with regards to any performance deficiencies in line with human resource policies and procedures. Recommends/approves salary adjustments, promotions, transfers and dismissals. Administers all company human resource policies and procedures, communicates to staff, and ensures compliance. Counsels team members on educational and job opportunities which will enhance their career development; keeps staff informed of current trends, changes or new developments in the department and company with periodic meetings.
- Reviews, analyzes, and assigns losses to the appropriate claim examiner with directives. Ensures workloads are balanced and in line with defined staffing models. Makes recommendations to improve productivity and ensure timely closures.
- Reviews files daily to provide instruction for further requirements needed based on best practice standards. Assists with reserve recommendations and approvals. Coaches personnel on investigations, damage/medical evaluations, trains on reserving evaluations and settlement techniques. Ensures staff adheres to both internal and external compliance standards and protocols for large loss reporting guidelines. Attends and prepares staff for claim reviews with accounts, carriers and brokers.
- Keeps Assistant Vice President of Claims informed verbally and in writing of activities and problems within assigned area of responsibility; refers matters beyond limits of authority and expertise to Vice President of Claims for direction. Performs other related work as required or requested.
- Works within the Risk Tech Claim System and all ancillary systems. Organizes workflows of the Risk Tech Claim System and all ancillary systems to provide maximum productivity. May assist in the training of new and existing staff in the operation and use of the Risk Tech claim system and other various systems.
Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required.
Five or more years of progressive experience as a Claim Examiner, or the equivalent, demonstrating the technical expertise to handle the most complex cases with a high degree of judgment and discretion.
Previous supervisory experience desirable
Industry designations preferred but not required (IIA, AIC, AEI and/or CPCU)
Where applicable, has passed state licensing requirements for line(s) of insurance handled.
Excellent verbal and written communication skillsAnalytical ability.
Good mathematical aptitude.
Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
Ability to effectively manage, supervise, and develop employees.
Thorough knowledge of services being delivered by branch office.
In-depth knowledge of insurance coverages, practices and negotiating skills.
Familiarity with legal, medical and technical disciplines.
Think all TPAs are the same? Think again. With Broadspire, our leading global third-party administrator (TPA), Crawford & Company is the consultative outsourcing partner that adapts to businesses needs and challenges at any point of the claims processing journey. We offer casualty claim and medical management services to assist large organizations in achieving their unique goals, increasing employee productivity and reducing the cost of risk through professional expertise, technology and data analytics.
As part of the One Crawford family, Broadspire brings together the best and brightest people in the industry to deliver smart, thoughtful solutions to our clients, and we are guided by our collective value system: RESTORE.
At Crawford, we:
- Respect our culture of integrity and ethical behavior, while embracing the unique talents of the individual and encouraging an ownership mentality among everyone.
- Are Empowered to advance the company mission and take ownership of our individual career progression.
- Promote Sustainability through a corporate culture in which employees are good stewards of their communities.
- Emphasize Training and an environment where employees continually seek and share knowledge and are engaged and satisfied with their work.
- Are One Crawford, embracing a global mindset thats inclusive, agile, mission-focused, and customer-focused.
- Give Recognition, participating in an environment where people are rewarded for jobs well done.
- Embody an Entrepreneurial Spirit, sharing a passion to succeed, innovate, and outpace our competitors.
We believe in leading by example at work and in our communities. We hail from more than 70 countries and speak dozens of languages, reflecting the global fabric of the audience we serve. Though our reach is vast, we proudly operate as One Crawford: united in mission, vision and values. Learn more at www.crawfordandcompany.com.
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
- Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries
- On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career
- Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.