Investigate and handle auto and general liability claims by investigating and gathering pertinent information to determine liability, analyze and evaluate property damage claims. Develop and manage well documented action plan with client, claimants and attorneys to obtain outstanding claim resolution with better outcomes that reduce overall claim costs. Position works closely with our clients Investigate and handle auto and general liability claims by investigating and gathering pertinent information to determine liability, analyze and evaluate property damage claims. Develop and manage well documented action plan with client, claimants and attorneys to obtain outstanding claim resolution with better outcomes that reduce overall claim costs. Position works closely with our clients and may require some travel for field investigations.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES - REQUIREMENTS:
- Receives claims, confirms policy coverage and acknowledgment of the claim
- Determines validity and compensability of the claim
- Establishes reserves and authorizes payments within reserving authority limits
- Manages Liability claims under close supervision
- Communicates claim status with the customer, claimant and client
- Adheres to client and carrier guidelines and participates in claims review as needed
- Assists other claims professionals with more complex or problematic claims as necessary
- Requires regular and consistent attendance
- Adhere to client special handling requirements/guidelines and participate in claims
- Additional projects and duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to learn rapidly to develop knowledge and understanding of claims practice.
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve problems.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Office including Excel spreadsheets
- Strong interpersonal, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to meet or exceed performance competencies
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Bachelor's degree or a combination of education and related experience.
- Experience handling Municipality claims a plus
- Minimum of 3-5 years of industry experience and claims management preferred
CorVel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at CorVel will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Except where required or permitted by law, employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, handicap or disability, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward agency resumes. CorVel Corporation is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Please be aware that CorVel generally does not review all applications/resumes submitted in response to job openings posted on the Internet because of the large volume of responses