Business Unit Systems Analyst II
Assurant is hiring a Business Unit Systems Analyst II at our beautiful Cutler Bay, Miami, FL office. The Business Unit Systems Analyst II will serve as a team member and will carry out analytical assignments that are varied and more complex, while providing services (rates, formulae, testing, etc.) and support to external and internal clients. The Analyst will develop problem resolution by analyzing test scripts from clients, processing output, formulae dumps, as well as recommending solutions to the client or other departments (while working with the departments to test and implement). We are looking for this Analyst to maintain quality by performing pre- and post-implementation quality audits to ensure integrity and adhere to all regulatory and operational standards. The Analyst will also need to stay current on all state regulatory changes impacting formulae, rates, methods, and he/she will coordinate all changes to client and internal systems. The Analyst will be responsible for verifying results by developing and executing tests and resolving issues by gathering and analyzing information.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE AND PRODUCTION SUPPORT
- Provide production assistance for the applications we support.
- Research, report, and implement simple system fixes.
- Enter routine user-maintained table changes.
- Train peers or new hires on routine changes. Participate in training on more complex system changes.
TESTING, DEBUGGING, TEST MANAGEMENT, QUALITY ASSURANCE
- Provide routine system support following established guidelines and procedures.
- Perform troubleshooting with limited direction.
- Determine testing requirements for small scale projects.
- Design/Draft test plans and conduct unit/acceptance testing for small scale projects.
- Provide timely resolution for testing issues.
- Identify flaws, errors, and issues with application functionality, flow and/or program changes.
- Research, document, reports, and communicate any defects with functionality, flow and/or program changes.
- Produce agreed upon deliverables on time, within targeted estimates and without error.
- Timely retesting and documentation of the corrections made for defects.
- Participate as a project team member.
- Identify project issues.
- Schedule/Prioritize project tasks as assigned.
- Display basic knowledge of project management principles.
- Handles multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Reports system problems/testing defects to management and recommend appropriate course of action to remedy.
- Research, report and implement fixes or workarounds for low complexity problems.
- Recommend temporary solutions.
- Ability to identify priority issues and determine which issues can be handled within the authority of an analyst and being able to discern those issues requiring direction from a higher authority.
- Analyze existing processes of low complexity for adaptive or corrective changes.
- Document existing and new business workflows.
- Display basic knowledge of fundamental project process re-engineering approaches and techniques.
- Analyze requirements for simple new processes.
- Assist in gathering and defining business requirements for simple to moderately complex projects.
- Participate in analysis of business requirements.
- Participate in documentation of system requirements.
- Participate in supervised client sessions and interviews.
CUSTOMER LIAISON, RELATIONSHIP BUILDING, AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- Build relationships with business partners at peer level.
- Provide customer training on system enhancements.
- Communicate effectively in writing.
- Speak effectively.
- Structure and compose written work products independently.
- Actively show understanding of what another says before giving own ideas.
- Apply new knowledge rapidly.
- Continuously seek opportunities for professional development.
- 2-3 years of professional experience.
- Knowledgeable of company products & services (or related industry knowledge).
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.