Subrogation Attorney (Mid-Level)
We are seeking a highly motivated Attorney to join our subrogation practice group. The Attorney will identify, develop and prosecute claims against responsible third parties throughout Florida ranging from products liability to general negligence actions. The individual must be able to manage a large caseload, be proactive and have strong negotiating skills.
The following are the usual, basic and essential functions of the position. These functions are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Essential Job Functions
- Evaluate/investigate new matters
- Prepare complaints
- Legal research
- Motion practice
- Trial support
Required Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- Candidate must possess a Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school and be admitted to the practice of law by the Florida State Bar
- Minimum of 3 years of civil litigation experience. Experience in subrogation, products liability, construction defect, plaintiffs practice and/or insurance is a plus
- Technical knowledge of legal processes and procedures
- Effective oral and written advocacy skills
- Excellent organizational, investigative, communication, conflict resolution and documentation skills
- Medical, dental and vision insurance (post 60-day probationary period)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a Company match up to 5% of your contribution and match are fully-vested (post 90-day probationary period)
- Paid vacation (post 90-day probationary period)
- Free health club membership
Universal Insurance Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
By submitting your resume for this position, you understand and agree that Universal Insurance Holdings, Inc., may share your resume, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.