Assistant Actuary Liberty Specialty Markets International West
Our newly formed Liberty Specialty Markets International West (which is made up of Latin America, US Global Products and Bermuda) is seeking a Senior Actuarial Analyst or Assistant Actuary so support actuarial functions across the region. As part of the team, you will focus primarily on US and Latin America. You will be responsible for complex actuarial analysis for both Pricing & Reserving to support an assigned business group's profit, growth, and operational objectives. You will communicate your recommendations and exhibits to actuaries, management, and others partners throughout the organization.Background:
Liberty Specialty Markets (LSM) offers specialty and commercial insurance and reinsurance products across key UK, European, Latin American, US, and other international offices. We provide brokers and insureds with a broad product range through both the Company and Lloyd's markets and have over 1,850 employees in approximately 65 offices.
We are one of the world's leading specialist re/insurers with a commitment to assisting our employees, brokers and clients, and the communities in which we live and work. At LSM, we create an environment where careers can flourish - a place for people to learn, grow, develop, and celebrate success.You can learn more by visiting www.libertyspecialtymarkets.com.
In this role, you will:
- Support and develop pricing tools for a wide range of products, including participation in working groups for Global lines.
- Help advance the pricing of the product lines in terms of data capture and analysis in order to help the products meet or exceed minimum pricing standards.
- Perform regular Reserve and Profitability reviews to present findings and recommendations effectively to partners, including Senior Management and Product Line & Country Heads.
- Form relationships and collaborate closely with multiple teams including Underwriting, Finance, Claims, and Operations.
- Drive the regions advancement in general analytics so you can assist business decision-making, financial planning, and strategy development.
- Provide clear and concise communication of technical actuarial work to technical and non-technical audiences, and on cross functional teams.
- Mentor, motivate, and train junior staff and peers
- Bachelor's degree required
- ACAS for the grade 18 and passing grades on a minimum of 5 Casualty Actuarial Exams for grade 16
- Dedication to achieving Fellowship in the Casualty Actuarial Society (FCAS)
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant actuarial work experience
- Sound knowledge of actuarial techniques and standards, as well as other business operations including financial, underwriting, legal, statistics, claims, sales, etc.
- Advanced communication and social skills; proven ability to interact effectively with individuals within and outside the organization.
- Ability to motivate and mentor peers and motivate and train others
- Advanced computing skills (MS Office Excel, SAS, etc.); experience building complex models.
We value your hard work, integrity and dedication to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/BenefitsOverview:
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We craft an inspired, reciprocal environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth nurtured.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to excellent places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement.
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace an environment that is free from all discrimination in the workplace, in its business, or by its vendors. Liberty Mutual values diversity and the differences and similarities of our employees. We champion a diverse and broad work environment that leads to better ideas, stronger teams and more creative products and services for our customers.