Senior Systems Engineer
The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for resolving escalated service issues, coaching other engineers to resolutions, engineering and implementing complex projects. This role is a key position within the IT department and will be called upon to resolve the highest level technical issues.
The following are the usual, basic and essential functions of the position. These functions are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Essential Job Functions
Provide technical services and support for the following areas:
- Network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, Internal systems, cloud and network Infrastructure
- Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, and SQL
- Virtualization technologies: VMware, Citrix, and Microsoft
- Remote access solution support: VPN, and Citrix remote monitoring and management of system alerts and notifications
- Work escalated support issues related to Microsoft's core business solutions, WAN and LAN connectivity, security, and remote access solutions
- Perform system assessments, security audits
- Participate in the administration and maintenance of the remote monitoring and management system: update agent scripts, respond to alerts, monitor dashboard, and periodic system review
- Document maintenance for all computer systems and network infrastructure
- Keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Be available for other engineers and coach them to resolution
- Build and support Windows server environments
- Build and support VMWare.
- VCP6 or 6.5 certification REQUIRED
- Provide support for VMWare and Citrix environments
- Select, assemble, provision, and rack server hardware
- Manage NAS and SAN technology
- Respond to system outages, performance degradation, or compromises
- Work schedule according to need of the business; maintenance and other tasks completed off-hours
- Provide high-level technical support
- Design and test backup and recovery processes
- Work independently and on a team
- Review and apply system patches
- Designs and install security solutions
- Review security logs and perform security assessments
- Document procedures, processes, servers, and other related systems
- vSphere, Citrix, and SQL
- Exchange Server 2012 2016
- Windows Server 2012 2016
- NetApp - MUST HAVE!
- MCSA Server 2012
- MCSE Server Infrastructure
- OSX troubleshooting
- VPN connectivity troubleshooting and configuration (Palo Alto Global Protect, IPSec)
- Security software such as Anti-virus, Anti-SPAM, Anti-Spyware, and other security related technologies
- Medical, dental and vision insurance (post 60-day probationary period)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a Company match up to 5% of your contribution and match are fully-vested (post 90-day probationary period)
- Paid vacation (post 90-day probationary period)
- Free health club membership
Universal Insurance Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
By submitting your resume for this position, you understand and agree that Universal Insurance Holdings, Inc., may share your resume, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.