HR Services Associate
4 days left
Assurant has an exciting opportunity for an HR Services Associate position with exposure to HR transformational projects!
The HR Services Associate is responsible for the accurate and timely administration of Assurants HR processes and for providing inquiry support (phone, email, and chat/IM) to managers, employees and retirees regarding HR policies, plans and processes.
- HR Process Administration and Inquiry Support (90%)
- Provides administrative support to accurately complete Assurants HR transactional processes. Activities include all defined process steps, validation and reconciliation of data, and ensuring all necessary data entry and system updates are completed across the full spectrum of HR processes including but not limited to Employee Data Management, Talent Management, Compensation, Health and Wellness Benefits and Retirement Benefits processes.
- Effectively uses case management and knowledgebase tools to resolve, log, track and escalate employee, manager or retiree inquiries.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Works closely with employees, managers, HR, Payroll and other business teams as needed to ensure processes are completed timely and accurately.
- Completes and remains current on all required training on HR policies, programs, processes and procedures
- Maintains established service levels for handling calls, emails, and transactions.
- Acts as the primary point of contact for outsourced programs for Flexible Spending plans, Retiree Medical Program, , COBRA and billing processes for retiree medical plans and employee leave billings. Including but not limited to enrolling participants in the Retiree Medical Program.
- Performs auditing and balancing of benefit administration processes in line with plan policies and procedures. Prepares routine reports, and or payments for government agencies, insurance companies and vendors.
- As required Payroll related audits or form preparation activities may be required.
- Achieves and maintains defined proficiency levels across all HR processes within defined training plan guidelines meeting experience level expectations, becoming fully proficient within 90 days.
- Actively contributes to HR Services ongoing process improvement initiatives
- Acts as a change champion for HR by explaining the benefits of new or revised HR processes with employees, managers and retirees.
- Special Projects (10%)
- Actively participates in annual HR programs and special projects such as annual enrollment, ESPP, systems implementations and upgrades, Plan changes, acquisitions, reductions in force, process improvement initiatives etc.
- Through projects develops additional subject matter expertise in HR programs
Basic Qualifications Required:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- 1+ years experience working in an HR environment with direct exposure to employee support and administering HR processes.
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Bachelors degree preferred (or commensurate experience)
- Possesses strong problem solving skills
- Collaborates well with others
- Possesses strong customer service and communication skills. Must be able to adjust to meet differing inquiry communication styles and needs.
- Is able to work independently
- Detail oriented with intermediate MS Office skills