Electrical & Instrumentation Technician
Position located in Clewiston, FL
Hourly Rate $31.28
Position Summary: Reporting to the Electrical Controls Supervisor, this is a shift-work position with periodic overtime, including nights, weekends, and holidays, working independently or in a team, safely and efficiently maintain, install, and repair electronic equipment, and diagnose malfunctions using applied knowledge and experience.
- Abide by all Company policies outlined in the Employee Handbook and comply with all Company, Local, State and Federal regulations relating to Health, Safety, Operations, etc.
- Successfully participate in and complete all training sessions, safety classes, pre-shift meetings, and/or certifications related to the position.
- Have knowledge of, and proficiency in, trouble shooting, installation, fabrication, maintenance, repair and testing of Analog/Digital control loops, PLC’s, various valves, transmitters, controllers, probes, electronic, pneumatic, automatic controls, frequency drives, various motor starters, motors and electrical equipment, power and lighting panel boards, instrumentation and controls, analog and digital control loops, and power distribution equipment, 480V, 240V, 208V, 120V.
- Have knowledge of, and proficiency in, trouble shooting and installing AC/DC multi-wire control systems.
- Applicant must demonstrate the ability and proficiency to perform essential job functions such as:
- Respond to, repair, and/or assist others in breakdowns;
- Use tools and read tape measure, meggers, multi-meters and/or other related metering and measuring equipment, and perform mathematical calculations pertaining to the job;
- Maintenance of written documentation pertaining to the job, including documenting all maintenance and work orders using CMMS;
- Read and apply processes and procedures according to operating and maintenance manuals;
- Operate overhead crane, forklift, man lift;
- Precisely calibrate various measuring instruments;
- Operate PLC equipment using a touch screen;
- Perform load calculations for sizing of wire and breakers according to NEC specifications, and selection and installation of conduit.
- Demonstrate the ability to follow proper safety and housekeeping procedures pertaining to the area.
- Demonstrate the ability to learn and implement Current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMP).
- Demonstrate the ability to work the posted schedule with shift work and overtime as necessary.
- Ability to learn medium and high voltage Power Distribution Systems, i.e. 13.8kVA and lower.