The Journeyman Specialist harvest mechanic will safely, accurately, and efficiently, maintain, service, and repair sugar cane harvesting and related equipment in a fast paced, team based, and constantly changing work environment. Journeyman Specialist will be responsible for performing accurate diagnosis, overhaul, and repair of all equipment, performing time based repairs and inspections, and must be able to follow procedures and planned work schedules while responding to emergencies as directed by supervision.
The scope of the job duties encompasses all facets of equipment maintenance within Harvest Operations, and, all other mobile and stationary equipment within the agricultural, industrial, on and off highway equipment segments, in an efficient and cost effective manner with a minimum amount of supervision.
- Ability and motivation to perform job functions safely, correctly, and efficiently, which include:
- Heavy lifting, climbing, squatting, working from heights and standing for extended periods
- Operate forklift, bucket truck, boom truck, carry deck, and other mobile equipment
- Operate various lifting devices including proper rigging procedures
- Accurately read, understand, and interpret (paper, electronic, etc) shop manuals, wiring diagrams, hydraulic schematics, flow charts, parts books, etc
- Full understanding and operating knowledge of scanners, multi-meters, flow meters, torque measuring devises, etc.
- Visually identify leaking/loose/worn/broken/dirty components on cane harvesting and industrial equipment including but not limited to cane elevators, cane harvesters, tractors, air compressors, and other support equipment
- Must have current ASE Master Automotive (plus A9) certifications or ASE Master Truck (plus T1 and T8) certifications, and, one Advanced Level ASE certification (L1 or L2). All certifications must be kept current