Product Marketing Director
The Product Marketing Director will work closely with the appropriate business leaders and cross-functional teams. This individual contributor will plan and execute strategic marketing programs designed to:
- Establish, develop and strengthen the “product” (app/related services) brand(s)
- Develop and enhance product value proposition and positioning
- Drive user acquisition (e.g. mobile app downloads, product and service registrations, etc.)
- Increase customer engagement of in-market products and services
- Facilitate/promote cross-sell opportunities
- Provide valuable input into the ongoing development of our products
- Develop and implement marketing strategies to drive product adoption
- Conduct research (as needed) to understand user/non-user attitudes towards products
- Develop/execute customer touch points and campaigns (testing when appropriate) including (but not limited to) dynamic in-product messaging, push notifications, email, SMS, field activity, social media tactics, and integrated marketing strategies; evaluate results, identify trends, adjust campaigns as needed and scale successful initiatives in an efficient manner.
Engagement & Cross-sell
- Develop and implement marketing strategies to help drive and enhance user app engagement (including cross-sell opportunities) including:
- Developing an ongoing strategy and playbook for customer communication touchpoints
- Conducting research to understand user attitudes towards product features and engagement preferences
- Analyze and report out on customer engagement trends, cross-sell results, present analysis and make recommendations to improve customer engagement
- Develop and implement customer retention/win back campaigns; measure results and modify as needed.
- Communicating downstream impact of app/platform changes to impacted CMM team
General Product Marketing and Brand Management
- Develop and manage brand/brand architecture for a suite of apps/services
- Develop guidelines for co-branding/white-labeling initiatives
- Continuously monitor marketing trends and keep a close eye on competitive products in the marketplace
- Builds excellent product value propositions and messaging, including positioning compared to competitors (actual and perceived)
- Manage product marketing assets
- Support qualitative and quantitative research to develop key findings and recommended actions to support marketing strategies.
- Provides input into the strategic plans for apps/services as they evolve and/or launch.
- Manages timelines to deliver product marketing programs that support app/service launches and new user engagement experiences
- Makes data-driven recommendations regarding app/service marketing strategy, positioning, and promotion
- Support internal training initiatives to help articulate product value prop/positioning
- Support training initiatives to ensure product awareness/understanding and recommendations to improve adoption/engagement
- Provide marketing support for all internal partners and products that are integrated into other programs
- Support Product Managers and other key stakeholders with proposed customer journey maps and a product communication calendar highlighting key customer life-cycle events during the customer journey.
- Be a Product Marketing SME to clients on business trends, impacts and opportunities.
- Develop intimate knowledge with products and services bundled into and offered on the platform.
- 8+ years in mobile app and services marketing/brand management
- Demonstrated ability to create innovative marketing initiatives that generate results
- Proven track record of delivering customer acquisition, growth and funnel optimization strategies
- Demonstrated advocacy for product changes and communication strategies that improve the end to end customer experience
- Strong analytical skills; bias toward decision-making based on data
- Advanced knowledge of mobile customer acquisition and retention metrics/analytics, with a working knowledge of related tools and attribution methods
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or Business
- Experience & knowledge of mobile apps ecosystem (in app notifications; push notifications; user behavior identification; app store listings/management/best practices)
- Must be self-directed and drive alignment of internal teams/stakeholders, ( Product Development, Business Leaders, Marketing, Account Management teams, Clients and others).
- Being able to identify and communicate priorities critical to success based on technology/consumer needs road map.
Desired Skills, Knowledge and or Experience
- Consumer facing copy writing skills and experience