Bodily Injury Claims Adjuster
At Windhaven we are always looking for "A" players who want a challenge. Are you a driven person who wants to achieve great feats of growth within your career? Then we want to talk to you!
We are a successful, growing Property & Casualty Insurance group of companies headquartered in Miami, Florida. We thrive in an environment that feels more like a successful start-up, rather than a stodgy insurance company, and we are committed to our mission, culture, core values, and data-driven decision making. Currently we are looking for an experienced Bodily Injury Adjuster to join our team in Miami.
The Bodily Injury Adjuster will effectively manage an inventory of BI claims by maintaining good production numbers, high customer service levels and accuracy. The BI Adjuster will review and analyze bodily injury claim files in order to determine potential exposures, identify cases that should be recommended for settlement, and develop strategic plans that will be efficient, cost-effective and done in a quality manner.
- Review and analyze claim files in order to determine potential exposures.
- Identify cases that should be recommended for settlement.
- Develop strategic plans that will be efficient, cost-effective and done in a quality manner.
- Maintain production and inventory levels at all times.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all parties.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years' Bodily Injury (BI) claims adjusting experience in the auto insurance industry.
- 1+ years of Serious Injury experience preferred.
- Full understanding of auto claims investigations and claims processing.
- Knowledge of automobile damage, mechanics of bodily injury, medical terminology, settlement negotiations and insurance case law.
- Must have a valid adjusters license.
- Prior experience interpreting policy language and state statutes is required.
- Ideal candidate will have a proven track record of making sound coverage and liability decisions based on facts presented by customers and/or through additional fact gathering and investigations.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Experienced problem solving and organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (3+ years' work experience within field of major, is preferred).
Windhaven Insurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or any other characteristic.