Facultative Underwriter, Finance Lines, Liberty Specialty Markets
Advance Your Underwriting Career at Liberty Mutual Insurance- A Fortune 100 Company
Our Facultative Underwriters contributes to the growth and profitability of assigned specialty product line(s) through marketing, underwriting and managing of products , including D&O, PI, Fidelity, BBB, Cyber among others, and services of moderate risks. Works within defined limits and authorities on assignments of moderate complexity. Some risks may require special handling or unusual coverages. Demonstrates functional technical knowledge of underwriting concepts, practices, procedures and techniques to include coverage issues, product lines, marketing, relevant systems, and competition in the market place.
Reviews and negotiates policy terms and conditions with assistance from the manager.
- Reviews, rates, and underwrites targeted new business and renewal accounts at the direction of the manager.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with the brokerage community to facilitate marketing of Liberty products and services.
- Underwrites targeted new and renewal business by reviewing and analyzing insured's (or prospective insured's) loss history, financials, and other pertinent information at the direction of the manager.
- Begins to make independent marketing calls to brokers and prospective insureds.
- Contributes to the development of marketing plans, product analysis, services, geographic focus and broker intelligence.
- Communicates with other product line underwriters and claims analysts in order to provide comprehensive customer service.
- Performs related duties as requested to include, report preparation, presentations, and special projects to assist in ensuring the success of the product line unit.
Bachelor's degree or advanced degree
Minimum 4 years underwriting experience.
Requires knowledge of underwriting concepts, practices, and procedures.
Strong verbal and written communications skills.
Strong negotiation, analytical, and decision making skills are also required.
Preferred to have a strong understanding of management and professional liability (D&O, PI, Fidelity, FIPI, BBB, Cyber among others).
Preferred ability to manage large and often unpredictable workloads in a high pressure, competitive market.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, its our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.