Director, Software Engineering (Oracle Financials) - Remote
This Director position is part of the Assurant Corporate Systems team and it will be managing 2-3 scrum teams that support our Financial Systems worldwide. We are currently implementing a new Oracle ERP and suite of tools, as well as a new Kyriba Treasury Management System.
The Director / Engineering Manager is responsible for major technology decisions (e.g. upgrade decisions, major architectural decisions, establishment of coding standards) within the standards defined by relevant center of excellence groups to best deliver business value, as well as hiring and managing team members (including hiring, staffing, and performance reviews). They must have an extensive technical background, as well as excellent communication, cooperation, and mentoring skills, which enable him/her to serve as a servant leader to developers.
- Owns and supports applications for Treasury, Tax and Accounts Payable (AP) within the financial system
- Determine the right technology choices (e.g. upgrade decisions, hosting decisions) to best deliver business value within the standards defined by the center of excellence
- Establishes and oversees development standards, collaborating with centers of excellence (E.g., Agile Architects, Security Advisors) and ensuring adherence across teams
- Resolves disagreements regarding technical requirements for interdependencies across teams
- End-responsibility for service quality and security for capability/solution
- With relevant HR partners, coordinate hiring of new team members
- Manage staffing strategy to ensure Agile teams have team members they need, that team members are 100% dedicated, and that Scrum teams are long-lived
- Select and manage technical vendors, where appropriate
- Conduct performance reviews, combining inputs from a variety of sources and delivering to team members
This position can be based out of our Atlanta or Miami office. It can also be remote.
- 2+ years of experience in Financial Systems. Oracle Cloud Financials Experience Preferred
- 5+ years in a leadership role within software engineering
- 3+ years participating in Agile development and a deep understanding of Agile development processes and methodology
- 2+ years of experience in Cloud environments
- 5+ years as a software engineer
- Recommended at least 3+ years at company
- Experience with test-driven development and software test automation
- Knowledge of continuous delivery practices
- BS, Computer Science or related degree
- Insurance or Warranty industry experience.
- Extensive technical knowledge and background
- Team-oriented, passionate about developing others skills and capabilities
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong technical leadership
- Excellent communication skills; ability to translate technical concepts into non-technical terms