Senior Medical Underwriter
About the Role
Unique opportunity to join an organization that is in a transformation stage as they build out their infrastructure with dramatic growth. The new executive team is building the organization into one of the world’s leading specialty insurers in the Life and Health space.
The Medical Insurance Underwriter will prepare complex and customized quotes for new and renewing group insurance plans.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Using rate models, prepares proposal requests for large medical, life, and disability risks
- Focuses on complicated RFPs
- Subject matter expert in an area of specialty: region of the world, a block of business, or a product
- Manages portfolio of risk and achieve profitability targets for the business as measured by loss ratio
- Assists Vice President on overseeing workloads and managing turnaround times within the department
- Updates manuals and materials related to insurance products
Skills & Experience
- Several years of experience underwriting international medical, Domestic Medical, travel insurance, A&H, BTA, K-12, college accident, and/or student accident. Experience with International Private Medical Insurance highly desirable.
- Demonstrates strong mathematics, analytic & strategic capabilities
- Familiar with insurance practices and benefits, International experience a plus
- Detail oriented and able to make independent decisions
- Strong formatting skills and ability to create formulas in excel for analysis and premium calculations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read and write Spanish and/or Portuguese
Compensation & Perks
$70,000 to $100,000. Health, Dental and Vision, 401k/Roth, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, Paid Holiday and PTO time.