Disability and Absence Management Director
This position is responsible for the delivery of disability and absence management services for a set of claim teams, which may include one or more of these lines of business: Short Term Disability (STD), FMLA/Absence/Paid Leaves, STD/FMLA integrated, LTD, Financial Analysts and Business Systems. This position will be tasked to refine and maintain overall metrics related to performance guarantees by client, internal required service levels by product and profitability of assigned claim teams through maximum cost containment. The Director will help drive departmental adoption of best practices as well as educate clients through presentations with consultants, senior leadership and HR as needed. Manages the business operations to ensure efficient and cost effective processes, optimal employee satisfaction and career development, grow and groom front line Team Managers, ensure effective and accurate procedures and technology are in place as well as support the companys strategic business goals.
- Facilitates the implementation, continuous improvement and integration of all disability and absence management programs/processes within the assigned group of teams.
- Represents the face of the claim operation to assigned national clients.
- Provides proactive leadership in developing a continuous improvement culture within the assigned group of teams. Ensures that all aspects of the departments operations are meeting corporate guidelines, federal, state, and local law and are in accordance with professional standards and confidentiality. Concurrently, assessing the various programs ensuring they meet their defined objective and are meeting the needs of our clients.
- Manages, hires, trains, develops and motivates qualified individuals including identification of succession planning candidates.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of industry trends in integrated disability and absence management to ensure that the various programs and processes are truly best practice.
- Manages business unit to budget to meet corporate revenue objectives.
- Works with the reporting and analytics team to ensure our key metrics are current and measures that allow a view of the day to day efficiency and effectiveness of the operations as well as the higher level business impact that can be benchmarked.
- Participates in sales presentations and meetings with prospects and current accounts in support of corporate revenue objectives.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum of eight years progressive experience in managing integrated disability and absence management programs with preference for employer-based experience
- Leadership role in a disability/absence insurance carrier claim operation or third party administrator claim operation
- Expertise with disability/absence best practice benchmarking and metrics
- Demonstrated ability to establish critical relationships at all levels of the organization and with external partners
- Exceptional communication skills, change management skills, and customer focus
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience in building high performance teams - ability to inspire a shared vision and empower and motivate a team.
- Six years in an increasing supervisory or leadership capacity required.
- Current membership/leadership in professional organization critical to the field.
- Must complete continuing education requirements as outlined by Crawford Educational Services.
- Nationally accredited certification in a related profession such as Certified Disability Manager.
- Management Specialist (CDMS) or Certified Case Manager (CCM).
- Experience in a broader integrated health and productivity model including healthcare, on-site clinics, wellness, and EAP.
- Experience interfacing and supporting complicated, middle to large national client companies.
- HR or Disability certifications.
Think all TPAs are the same? Think again. With Broadspire, our leading global third-party administrator (TPA), Crawford & Company is the consultative outsourcing partner that adapts to businesses needs and challenges at any point of the claims processing journey. We offer casualty claim and medical management services to assist large organizations in achieving their unique goals, increasing employee productivity and reducing the cost of risk through professional expertise, technology and data analytics.
As part of the One Crawford family, Broadspire brings together the best and brightest people in the industry to deliver smart, thoughtful solutions to our clients, and we are guided by our collective value system: RESTORE.
At Crawford, we:
- Respect our culture of integrity and ethical behavior, while embracing the unique talents of the individual and encouraging an ownership mentality among everyone.
- Are Empowered to advance the company mission and take ownership of our individual career progression.
- Promote Sustainability through a corporate culture in which employees are good stewards of their communities.
- Emphasize Training and an environment where employees continually seek and share knowledge and are engaged and satisfied with their work.
- Are One Crawford, embracing a global mindset thats inclusive, agile, mission-focused, and customer-focused.
- Give Recognition, participating in an environment where people are rewarded for jobs well done.
- Embody an Entrepreneurial Spirit, sharing a passion to succeed, innovate, and outpace our competitors.
We believe in leading by example at work and in our communities. We hail from more than 70 countries and speak dozens of languages, reflecting the global fabric of the audience we serve. Though our reach is vast, we proudly operate as One Crawford: united in mission, vision and values. Learn more at www.crawfordandcompany.com.
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
- Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries
- On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career
- Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.