In this role, the Finance Manager will provide support for enterprise financial forecasting and planning as well as analysis for general and administrative expenses. This role will lead data modeling, analysis, process improvement and forecasting projects.
What You Get to Do:
- Create and maintain models for analysis purposes and preparation of forecasts and business plans
- Manage, analyze, and orchestrate the quarter end close
- Analyze profit metrics
- Provide interpretation of financial results against planned performance
- Conduct regular monthly, quarterly, and ad hoc reporting/analysis
- Prepare & analyze monthly executive dashboard
- Expense reporting and action plans
- Develop regular expense reporting that highlights spend by areas & variances to budget
- Lead detailed analytical deep dive into overall expense base, isolating specific drivers of cost within each function/area
- Provide finance ownership for headcount reporting & metrics
- Work with LOB for action plans on G&A expenses
- Support ad hoc analysis as needed
- Develop, implement, and maintain consistent processes for data quality control
- Be a key partner to LOB finance teams
What You Need to Have:
- Bachelors Degree
- 5+ years of experience in finance/accounting; must include income statement analysis
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to interact with Senior management
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections using an advanced level of Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
What We Would Like You to Have:
- Advanced degree preferred such as an MBA
- Ability to multi-task and balance multiple demands
- Results driven
- A team player that can work in a complex and fast-paced environment
- Can work under tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate with all levels of personnel
Benefits and Value Proposition:
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits to full time and part time employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), generous paid time off and much more.
We strive to maintain a professional, yet friendly environment and promote professional and career development for our employees.
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Assurant, a Fortune 500 company and a member of the S&P 500, is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol AIZ. Assurant has approximately $30 billion in assets and $9 billion in annual revenue. Assurant has approximately 14,500 employees worldwide and is headquartered in New York's financial district. .