Assurant has an exciting opportunity for an Accountant!
The Accountant ensures and provides accurate and timely financial information to support the Segment and Corporate management. Position will cultivate a continuous improvement culture and will participate in ongoing learning and engagement in a fast-paced F&A shared services environment. The ideal candidate must be able to contribute to the Shared Service strategy and execution by applying their knowledge and experience.
- Carries out a variety of accounting assignments.
- Interacts and provides assistance for accounting and reporting work and activities performed by segment.
- Develops and maintains relationships with business segments and stakeholders.
- Assists in monitoring key performance indicators.
- Maintain compliance with internal controls including SOX and MAR.
- Ensures team meets all deadlines and deliverables in a timely and accurate manner.
- Remains committed to continuous learning, a continuous improvement culture and to developing best practice solutions.
- Fosters open communication and innovative thinking.
- BA or BS in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum 2-5 years of accounting experience preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of financial practices, statutory accounting a plus.
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills.
- Ability to influence peers within AFS, segment and overseas partner.
- Problem solving, attention to detail and results oriented.
- Ability to work extended hours when needed.