Are you ready to step into our fast paced, energetic environment and drive results, while providing exceptional customer service? We are looking for individuals interested in learning our business, growing their expertise, and becoming a future leader. Assurant values a diverse workforce where employees are treated with respect, are encouraged to contribute, and have the opportunity for career growth.
Assurant is a proven provider of specialty insurance products and services and we are seeking an Account Manager to join our fast-growing team in the Multifamily Housing division. This position entails a variety of managing responsibilities with a primary focus on handling a territory of clients; increasing their participation and growing the overall business. Within the MFH industry, this role will work with small to medium size property management companies. Building client relationships and influencing their teams on how to best utilize Assurants risk mitigation tools will come as second nature.
As an Account Manager you will be creating and executing contract agreements; as well as managing the start-up of new clients and effectively establish all requirements for the client implementation. You will also have the opportunity to train our clients on various programs, providing professional guidance and counseling on the use of our suite of products.
- Implement new programs effectively and efficiently meeting both client and Assurant driven timelines through use of standardized implementation tools and processes.
- Manage and monitor all initiatives and projects relating to partnered programs.
- Analyze monthly reports, identifying gaps and opportunities which will result in driving the focus of our clients and their communities.
- Prepare business plans annually that align with our corporate initiatives and goals. Establish strategies that will identify the approach to managing a large volume of mid-market clients who are engaged in multiple Assurant programs.
- Ensure that all deliverables from Assurant to client organizations are delivered on time, every time.
- Effectively manage and diffuse client concerns and escalations in an appropriate manner.
- Provide narrative to Sr. Management on a variety of business reports including the ability to evaluate the programs financial performance against various goals and benchmarks.
- Develop recommendations based on program performance through financial analysis, report any problem areas and provide solutions and alternative recommendations.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve critical issues independently and source appropriate support channels to resolve issues and/or move forward with new initiatives.
- Conduct or participate in training sessions that support client programs.
- Prepare and conduct Business Reviews by coordinating, creating and verifying all documentation and all other participation and logistical arrangements.
- Participate in contracting/re-contracting process as required.
- Adds value to discussions/initiatives in a generalist capacity relating to all Operational levels of the business. Engages subject matter experts as appropriate.
- Meet with senior representatives of client organization independently.
- Recommend changes to existing processes and procedures and implement changes in a lead capacity.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years related experience that include client management or senior level customer service. Tenure as a Client Relationship Manager preferred.
- Ability to escalate issues appropriately and effectively when necessary throughout all levels of the organization.
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas both written and verbally.
- Excellent presentation skills, with experience using web-based programs for training purposes and presentations.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong Project Management and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to accomplish goals; demonstrate creative problem-solving skills; as well as brings new ideas to the table.
- Ability to adapt to the changes initiated by both Assurant and the client with respect to both sales and geographic responsibilities.
- Applies expert problem-solving skills to the most complex of issues.
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience completing action plans and projects, exposure to budgets, expense control reports and financial statements.
- Insurance, Collections and Property Management background preferred.
- Must be PC literate (Lotus Notes, Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Experience with Salesforce a plus.