T Engineer Boiler & Machinery
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryPart-time RCC for the Tampa area.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- The Risk Control Consultant will be responsible for the jurisdictional inspection of boilers & pressure vessels, evaluating boiler and machinery risk exposures, investigating boiler and machinery claims, and communicating information orally and in writing.
- Additional responsibilities include managing a dynamic territory workload, and building and maintaining productive relationships with clients, the underwriting and claim department, and other risk control staff.
- Some overnight travel is required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Engineering or technical degree, U.S. Navy Engineering schools, Boiler & Machinery insurance experience, a National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspectors Commission.
Licensing or Certificates
- Required to sit for the National Board examination within three months of employment.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Demonstrated experience as a Boiler and Machinery Risk Control Consultant or combined education and experience in the operation, inspection, or repair of boilers/pressure vessels as required to sit for the National Board examination within three months of employment.
- Must have strong work management skills, organization skills, and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to quickly identify exposures and develop and present effective risk control solutions.
- The position requires computer skills in Microsoft Windows and Office applications.
- Must be able to travel one to four nights a month.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.