Spanish Bilingual Entry Level Sales Representative (Remote - Home Based Work)
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Discription
Why choose Allstate?
Allstate is seeking individuals who are passionate about selling and committed to the organization's Sales goals. If you thrive in an environment where you can take charge, plan and guide others through complex situations, Allstate is the place for you! You will explore sales opportunities: including cross quoting and determining appropriate coverage through various forms of customer interactions. Our employee engagement within the customer contact centers is rated "Excellent". Allstate is all about inclusive diversity and creating an environment where everyone can grow.
What's in it for you?
As a Sales Specialist, you will have the opportunity to obtain your Property and Casualty License. The cost of the training and the exam is fully assumed by Allstate. We just ask that you commit to study, utilize your resources, and be fully committed to passing the exam.
Already licensed? Even better! Allstate awards a cash incentive for those that already hold their Property &Casualty License.
As a Licensed Sales Specialist (Property & Casualty) you will be responsible for driving sales growth for the organization in various modes of interaction including inbound, outbound, and digital (i.e. chat, messaging, texting, etc.). The specialist is responsible for using strong sales skills to deliver a proven sales method that uncovers customer needs, identifies gaps in coverage, recommends solutions to fully protect customers, all while building a case to positively influence the decision to purchase Allstate's products. You will be evaluated based on sales production, time management, quality of business produced, and strict adherence to company and industry rules, regulations, and processes that protect Allstate and its customers.
It is important that our team members can commit to a flexible work schedule that includes weekends and holidays. Most call center employees work one weekend day, as a part of their normal work week.Key Responsibilities
Know the Customer
Provide an exceptional sales experience while anticipating the customer's needs and growing Allstate's book of business in the process. We're looking for someone that can demonstrate persistency and resilience in pursuing the sale throughout the interaction with the customer, understanding and analyzing customer needs and then recommending and promoting alternative products, while engaging in proper protection conversation, by reviewing and assessing customer risks.
This is a high call volume environment, so great communication skills and multitasking is a must!
Compensation & Schedule
Know the Product
Allstate will train you to know our amazing products inside and out, and we want someone passionate and knowledgeable about what we offer. Our Sales Specialists must be able to identify opportunities to cross-sell and display their knowledge to our customers. Our sales specialists should be able to help our customers uncover risks and recommend coverage to protect against life's uncertainties. We are looking for problem solvers to interact with customers via inbound/outbound calls. Thoroughly understanding our products and current marketing campaigns will help you meet sales targets and performance goals.
Start Date: Determined at the time of the hiring manager interview
$16.00 Hourly Base ($33,280 Annual) + monthly performance-based incentive
Average monthly incentive payout for 2020 was $1,417* ($17,004 Annual), average annualized pay with incentive in 2020 was $50,284*
*incentive based on productivity; incentive payments are not guaranteed and are governed by the terms of the applicable commission plan which is subject to change at Allstate's discretion
Training (7 Weeks): 9 AM to 5:30 PM CST, Off Saturday and Sunday
- Licensing 2 weeks
- Classroom 5 Weeks
Schedule: To be discussed during the interview
- Candidates identified as bilingual through the management interview process will be eligible for a 10% bilingual pay differential after successfully completing training
- Depending on your work schedule, shift differential may apply
- Sales bonus opportunity, available after training, subject to individual performance and per bonus program guidelines
- $1000 bonus paid after 6 months of employment if hired with an active General Lines Property & Casualty License (License Bonus does not apply to Allstate re-hires).
- Excellent benefits package starting on your FIRST day of employment to include - Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and 401(k)
- High School diploma or GED
- 1-2 years of sales or related experience preferred
- Strong general computer skills
- Ability to interact with multiple online systems while speaking with the customer is required
- Ability to evaluate customer needs while matching Allstate products and services
- Be flexible regarding changes needed to service the customer
- Requires Property and Casualty license for state in which you reside, as well as appointments for non-resident licenses (post-hire requirement, travel for exam may be required )
- Spanish Bilingual fluency
- Live into an environment of Continuous Improvement
- This position is not available for Michigan, California, New York, Alaska, and Hawaii residents
We are committed to leveraging technology to enable home based work in combination with our traditional call centers. Qualified candidates will need a dedicated work space and must meet internet access standards for consideration. As a commitment to our customer and employee experience hardware is provided (computer and peripherals)
Standard Technical Requirements
- Home Internet service must be stable.
- 50 Mbps Download and 5 Mbps upload internet service packages
- Access to hardwire (plug-in) ethernet/network cable to your modem/router during your shift.
- Wifi connection is not allowed
- Cannot use satellite, hotspots, MIFI devices, wireless AC wall plug-in extenders, repeaters, boosters and/or pods
- Space for Desktop equipment and 2 monitors – Allstate will provide all equipment
Information Security requirements
- Minimum Requirements – (summary, not all inclusive)
- Established or Dedicated Work area at home, ensuring:
- No one can see your screens, keyboards or Allstate documents
- Area is located where no one can overhear your conversations
- Free from potential hazards affecting equipment (e.g. pets, plants, water, etc.)
- Workspace is not vulerable to theft
- Free from distractions
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.