Claims - Experienced Workers' Compensation Claims Adjuster
4 days left
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
At Johns Eastern, we get it. You are not just searching for a career – you are building a life. We believe in our people and realize that our success is a direct result of creating leadership opportunities and promoting from within.
Because we believe in promoting a culture of continuous learning, we encourage the professional and personal development for our employees. We also believe that engaging in corporate social activities and working together as a team is a vital part of the Johns Eastern culture.
For 75 years, Johns Eastern has provided claims-adjusting services and has developed a superb reputation in the insurance industry. We service all facets of workers' compensation, liability, property and casualty claims adjusting, and have handled more than 60,000 liability and workers' compensation claims for our clients over the past three years.
While we have solved thousands of risk-related claims problems, one thing has remained the same — our pledge to serve our clients with the utmost Integrity, Experience and Results.
Philosophy of Promotion from Within
We believe the potential of a new trainee is limited only by his or her own capabilities and ambition. Our philosophy guides us to promote from within and opportunities are available to all who are willing to prove themselves within the organization. Furthermore, our work environment rewards achievement while fostering fast and accurate claims administration
Our TPA office is now posting a position for an on-site experienced Workers' Compensation Claims Adjuster in Ft. Myers. This position involves investigation, knowledge of EDI requirements, negotiation and settlement of Workers' Compensation claims and compliance with the requirements of all Workers' Compensation Statutes in Florida.
- Initiate indemnity payments in a timely manner and maintain diary for ongoing payments as required.
- Make timely and proper completion of State filings of all required forms.
- Monitor medical treatment in conjunction with Medical Management personnel where appropriate.
- Promptly approve medical bills for payment.
- Promptly authorize appropriate medical services.
- Coordinate light duty availability with medical providers and employers.
- Attend client meetings as necessary.
- Maintain working knowledge of Workers' Compensation Statute and Rules, and their application.
- Evaluate cases for settlement, making appropriate recommendations to clients.
- Determine subrogation potential, and pursue recovery where applicable.
- Make timely notice to excess carrier in all cases meeting reporting criteria.
- Bachelor's degree, and/or equivalent work experience
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to work independently and deal effectively with multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proven critical thinking skills that demonstrate analysis/judgment and sound decision making with focus on attention to details
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Great customer service skills
- Computer literacy, including MS Office, Word, Excel
- Must possess a Florida All-Lines or Workers' Compensation license