Nurse Case Manager | Remote
Insurance Placement Solutions has an immediate opening for a Remote Nurse Case Manager with our client in the Boca Raton, FL area. The Nurse Case Manager will collaborate with multiple departments through the process of assessing, planning, and facilitating options and services to meet an individual's health and/or disability needs through communication and available resources to promote quality cost-effective outcomes.
Although this position is remote, eligible candidates must be located in the Boca Raton, FL area.The Remote Nurse Case Manager Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conducts initial and ongoing assessments to identify patient status and individual needs; promotes client self-determination
- Assists in identifying appropriate providers and facilities throughout the continuum of services, while ensuring that available resources are being used in a timely and cost-effective manager in order to obtain optimum value for both the client and the reimbursement source.
- Utilizes appropriate resources and case management interventions to facilitate the case management plan and to allow for the individual's optimum level of wellness and functional capability with quality cost-effective outcomes appropriate to health plan and workers' compensation
- Develops a specific case management plan in collaboration with the consumer and members of the health care team with periodic updates.
- Manages the disabilities durations proactively, utilizing nationally accepted evidence-based criteria as guidelines for duration protocols in workers' compensation and short term disability
- Collaborates and communicates effectively with patients/injured workers, providers, client, employers, and internal team members.
- Performs Health Management Program and Chronic Condition/Disease Management according to protocols and standards, as required by benefits plans.
- Performs triage intake functions with referrals and coordination of care needs specific to client instructions.
- Performs leave administration and short term disability management according to regulations, policies, and plan documents.
- 2+ years of experience providing direct clinical care
- 2+ years of case management/utilization review experience
- RN license is required
Certification in case management (CCM), rehabilitation nursing or a related specialty is highly preferred
IPS is an insurance staffing and recruiting firm dedicated to the insurance industry, including other Nurse Case Management jobs in the Boca Raton, FL area. Our services are designed to be a resource for clients to gain access to high-caliber talent. Many of our clients do not have the dedicated manpower to quickly fill their temporary, temporary to hire or direct-hire vacancies. That is where we come in. Our clients are able to utilize our services to maintain business-as-usual during unforeseen interruptions and fluctuating business needs. Plus, our candidates benefit from gaining backdoor access to highly sought-after positions with top companies in the industry.