Call Center Customer Service Representative
Once you schedule your live interview with the State of Florida recruiter, fell free to select the “Apply” button for a 30 second form to submit your resume. If you can’t do a live interview but still want to apply, use the apply button and we will reach out to you!
- Identifies potential issues that can affect an individual's entitlement to benefits. Gathers facts from claimants, employers, and other pertinent or interested parties relating to potential issues and the chargeability of employer accounts for benefit payments on claims. This may be accomplished telephonically, through written correspondence, or through electronic means via the Internet. Potential issues that must be resolved prior to the payment of benefits include but are not limited to: job separation, suspensions from work, leaves of absence, refusal of work, ability and availability for work, "between terms denial" relating to individuals employed by educational institutions, self-employment, and receipt of disqualifying income such as wages in lieu of notice, retirement income, or workers compensation. Composes and issues written, unbiased determinations through interaction with the non-monetary determination mainframe computer program. Makes an adequate quantity of non-monetary determinations in compliance with performance standards. Issues written and unbiased determinations relating to the chargeability of employer tax accounts for benefit payments pursuant to the requirements of s.443.131(3), F.S.
- Ensures that the workload is coordinated in such a manner as to maximize the issuance of first payments when potential issues are detected on initial or additional claims. This is accomplished through tracking the assigned claim load and utilizing the benefit payment system.
- Answers inquiries from claimants, employers, CareerSource Florida, governmental agencies and other interested parties concerning the RA program in accordance with the provisions of s.443.171(7) and 443.1715, F.S. Inquiries may be in the form of telephone calls, electronic and paper written correspondence.
- Analyzes requests for reconsideration from initial determinations received from claimants and employers or the Office of RA Appeals and the Reemployment Assistance Appeals Commission. Issues written redeterminations relative to the information submitted. Ensures that documentation of claim records is maintained and available to the Office of RA Appeals for lower level appeals hearings.
- Performs other related duties as required.
This position has the following minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge of the methods of data collection and analysis.
- Ability to collect, evaluate and analyze data to develop alternative recommendations, solve problems, document workflow and other activities relating to the improvement of operational and management practices.
- Ability to organize data into logical format for presentation in reports, documents and other written materials.
- Ability to conduct fact-finding research.
- Ability to utilize problem-solving techniques.
- Ability to understand and apply applicable rules, policies and procedures relating to operational and management analysis activities.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments.
- Ability to effectively communicate through a variety of methods.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.