The Claims Business Analyst works closely with the senior Claims leadership team and other business units to gather data, analyze trends, develop performance reports, and support the implementation of improvement opportunities.
The Claims Business Analyst works closely with Claims leadership to monitor performance trends and actively conduct further analysis to develop and implement improvement opportunities.
- Analyze synthesize and interpret complex sets of data, developing data workflows and mapping for extensive quantitative analysis on claims financial, quality, and performance data.
- Present reporting and observations effectively through the preparation of charts, graphs and other visual elements.
- Support data requests to determine how available data may fulfill the information need in question.
- Identify data trends, patterns and drivers.
- Participate in management meetings to communicate and report observations and collaborate in identifying solutions.
- Prepare and review executive review package, including operational metrics and financial analysis.
- Assist in special projects as appropriate.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Analytics, Accounting or a related field.
Years of experience in a similar/related role
- 1+ year(s) experience in data analysis that includes translating insights into recommendations.
Preferred background – management, analysis, data extraction etc.
- Experience with analytics / modeling solutions (e.g., Tableau, Qlik, SQL, Power BI, etc.)
- Advanced skill in Excel
- Experience with data storytelling and distilling complex information into understandable ideas.
- Strategic problem-solving and critical thinking.
- Experience in performing statistical analyses, such as predictive modeling, time series analysis, exploratory data analysis, segmentation and cluster analysis, retention, etc.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment.