Licensed Trainee, Retail Store (2689)
Want to grow your sales career with one of the fastest growing auto insurers in the country? Start a new career in omni-channel sales? Thrive in a performance-driven environment where you're recognized and rewarded for your results? If the answer is, “yes!” then apply to join our team today!
What makes Direct Auto Insurance unique?
- We are Great Place to Work certified!
- No insurance license? NO PROBLEM! We offer paid licensing training!
- The sky is the limit on your commissions - we offer uncapped commissions!
- Ability to sell a multitude of industry-leading products through retail stores and phone!
- Entrepreneurial, performance-based, and results-focused culture!
- Multi-tiered and comprehensive paid training program!
- Comprehensive benefits!
- No cold calling – We have the leads for you to follow up on!
- Eleven paid holidays & formal paid time off program!
- Branded shirts are provided at no cost to you, which makes picking out clothes each day easy!
- Internal advancement opportunities – grow with us!
We offer the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic sales environment with real opportunity for career growth and advancement alongside experienced leaders within an entrepreneurial culture. If you are ready to start working in a fun & exciting environment where making a difference matters, then we want to talk to you!
Provide the opportunity for motivated individuals to obtain industry experience working in a sales and customer support role while preparing and training to become a Licensed Insurance Sales Agent. Paid classroom and hands-on training is provided to assist trainees in the active pursuit of State Property/Casualty and Life and Health Licenses. Individual will assist customers, complete marketing activities and help with all office functions under direct guidance of an Agent or Lead Sales Agent.
Responsible for the profitable growth and the attainment of business goals by marketing and servicing Direct Auto products including but not limited to Auto, Life, Auto Club, and Roadside Assistance to new and existing customers. Assist walk-in customers, support office operations and market our products outside of the office via marketing calls and visits.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Prepare to become a licensed agent through attending appropriate courses, self-study, participation in training activities and job shadowing of agents to learn skills and accumulate experience
- Provide general clerical and administrative support to staff including handling inbound and outbound phone calls, reports, filing, researching and gathering information, and maintaining overall appearance of sales office
- Assist customers with general questions, receive customer payments, issue receipts and verify balance/daily reports of receipts for cash drawers
- Complete marketing and sales related activities which further the Direct Auto brand in the local market (outbound marketing calls, car dealerships visits, local events, distribution of flyers, etc.)
- Contact customers regarding account status and renewals
- Prepare and send information to customers and lien holders
- Read and remain current on company guidelines, announcements, memos and bulletins related to company policy and procedure
- Meet and exceed sale's goals through new product sales, cross selling and retention of current customers
- Implement marketing programs and initiatives which further the Direct Auto brand in the local market (car dealerships, local events, etc.)
- Build and maintain relationships with community organizations and local business
- Develop and manage customer relationships and serve as a resource to customers and potential customers on all Direct Auto products and services
- Responsible for monitoring key competitors in the local market area and making suggestions on initiatives that could improve Direct Auto's position in the marketplace
- Receive customer payments, issue receipts and verify balance/daily reports of receipts for cash drawers
- Understand, promote and remain current on company underwriting guidelines, announcements, and memos related to changes in company policies and procedures
- Responsible for sales administration and reporting activities
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service and develop and maintain customer relationships
- Experience or strong willingness to develop key relationships and market our products within community organizations and the local business community
- Valid U.S. State-issued driver's license
- Strong computer skills and working knowledge of MS Office applications
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with internal and external clients at varying levels within the organization
- Highly motivated to market and sell in multi-product environment where cross selling and customer retention is essential to sales budget attainment
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to acquire Property/Casualty license as part of our training program within 75 days of hire
- High level of initiative, drive, or desire/openness to learn new skills and information
- Active Property/Casualty and Life Insurance licensure
- 1+ years of successful business-to-consumer sales experience
- Proven experience being successful in a sales-driven, “hunter” environment
- Must have passion, high level of initiative, autonomy and be self-motivated
#LI-EH1 #DirectAutoIns #GetDirectAndGetGoing #GPTWcertified
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.