Claims Manager - Level 1 & Level 2
Are You Driven?® We Are.
We are a company of driven, enthusiastic and determined people. We celebrate achievement and success. We foster innovation, determination and recognition. Because of that, our employees feel recognized and rewarded for the contributions they make on a daily basis. At GAINSCO, it is our people that set us apart.
If you are looking for a place where you can make a difference, perceive how your work impacts the company, and be recognized for your efforts and passion, then GAINSCO is the company for you.
Why Join GAINSCO?
By joining GAINSCO, you become part of a dynamic and growing organization that has been recognized as a Top Workplace in both our Dallas and Miami offices.
GAINSCO's work environment rewards engaged individuals who have a desire to contribute and succeed. That's because our culture encourages individuals to grow their skills as they build their careers. Come join us and become a champion with GAINSCO.
What does a CLAIMS MANAGER do at GAINSCO?
- Lead, manage and develop the Level 1 & Level 2 Claims Units which ensures accurate and quality service. Attract and retain top talent, which delivers results in high productivity environment; develop and maintain a high performance culture which delivers industry leading performance.
- Accomplishes department results by setting and communicating clear goals which are meaningful and have an impact on the bottom line; assessing Supervisor and individual performance then holding accountable for results; providing feedback on productivity; coaching and training employees; conducting meetings; responding to inquiries.
- Maintains workflow by assuring prompt and accurate handling of assignments; corresponding with insureds, claimants and attorneys as necessary; controls and reduces loss ratios by utilizing the lowest costs in the settlement of claims.
- Ensures adherence to Company policies and procedures by reviewing Adjuster files for accuracy and quality; delivering performance corrections; approving claims and requests above the pre-set authority limits; responding to Department of Insurance complaints
- Maintains quality service by proactively communicating with staff, upper management and key personnel in various departments; responding to customer complaints in a timely manner.
What is required?
- Bachelor's degree required
- At least 5-7 years experience in property damage and bodily injury claims (non-attorney represented and attorney represented).
- Minimum of 2-4 years supervisory/management experience in a claims environment. An Auto Insurance claims background required.
- Valid Adjuster License.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Must possess the ability to lead and motivate employees, as well as hold accountable for results.
- Train, coach and teach others.
- Monitor and assess performance, providing feedback to the employees and supervisors on an ongoing basis.
- Efficiently manage own time and the time of others.
- Exercise objective judgment and critical decision making.
- Use logic and reasoning to identify approaches and solutions to problems.
- Effective negotiating skills.
Required behaviors for all positions:
- Communicate with co-workers, management, customers, vendors, and others in a courteous and professional manner
- Conform with and abide by all Company codes, regulations, policies, values, work procedures and instructions
What else do you need to know?
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Clear opportunity for growth, additional responsibility and promotion.
- Excellent benefits package: medical & dental (Basic plan FREE), vision insurance, life insurance, short term and long term disability insurance
- Parental Leave Policy
- 401K + Company Match
- Paid Vacation + Sick days + Floating Holidays + Company determined Holidays
All offers are contingent upon a background investigation (including employment, education, criminal and DMV verification- when applicable) and a pre-employment drug test with results satisfactory to GAINSCO.
GAINSCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer