Commercial Lines Account Manager
High volume, multiline P&C office searching for a motivated, experienced licensed 2-20 producer.
The Commercial Agent who holds a 220 license is responsible for generating new business through initiating referrals from existing customers. Responsibilities also includes servicing current customers, recommending appropriate coverage solutions and negotiating with clients to sell placement of coverage solutions.
- Work closely with Field Agents to obtain commercial referrals.
- Leverage current customers and relationships for new growth, sales and lead opportunities.
- Increase new business by initiating contact with prospects through local marketing efforts, community involvement, quote calls, and referrals.
- Consistently closing sales and achieving monthly activity and revenue goals.
- Analyze and evaluate new risks.
- Service all new and renewal accounts. Provide renewal quotes, review endorsements and policy changes while exhibiting superior customer service.
- Issue binders, Certificates of Liability, handle non renewals and cancellations.
- Bind Insurance coverage for all customers with carriers to include receiving payment, obtaining all required signatures on documents and process according to carrier underwriting requirements.
- Daily deposits of all monies collected and follow reporting process.
- Daily follow up with carriers regarding on-going quotes, missing or additional information required to issue new business or service existing policy.
- Enter all client/policy information in the system for new clients.
- Build and maintain quality relationships with businesses.
- Experienced licensed 220 holder with commercial experience.
- Strong communication skills with phone, internet sales and service required.
- Demonstrates well-developed computer skills (internet, email, word processing, spreadsheets, hardware, keyboarding).
- Strong time management and decision making skills
- Knowledge and experience with commercial lines in general liability, property, auto, workers comp, bonds, etc.
- Experienced and tech savvy individual to navigate various management systems, comparative raters and direct Insurance Carrier portals.
- High school/GED education required
- Required by state statutes to have proper insurance licensing to sell, solicit, or negotiate insurance products. The following lines of authority are required for this position: Property and Casualty Insurance License
- 2 – 5 years of sales within Commercial Lines
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Must be customer focused and able to project a positive attitude
- Maintain a professional business appearance
- Able to maintain confidential information in a public environment
- Must possess attention to detail
- Must demonstrate flexibility and prioritization skills
- Must be punctual and reliable
- Acceptable Motor Vehicle Record with a valid driver's license; maintain automobile insurance and ability to meet travel requirements