Jr. Technical Writer
Visium Resources has been asked to identify candidates for the following contract-to-hire position in Orlando, FL.
The selected candidate will work in a support role to Sr. Technical Writers, working with stakeholders to understand and diagram the organization's Information Technology networks and systems. These are to be used to understand the landscape of the systems enterprise wide and understand the effects of changes to these systems have on the enterprise.
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of IT documentation.
- Translates technical and/or complicated information into clear, concise documents appropriate for various target audiences.
- Works with Development, Quality Assurance and Technical Support to produce a wide variety of technical publications including instructional materials, technical manuals, and product documentation for use by the entire organization.
- Interviews subject matter experts and technical staff to collect information, prepare written text, and coordinate layout and material organization.
- Researches information such as drawings, design reports, equipment, and test specifications to fill any gaps.
- Reviews, critiques, and edits documentation including design documents, programmer notes and system overviews. Requires knowledge of company product lines and document structure. Depending on the industry/work environment, such documents may include various media, including written and video.
- Responsibilities include maintenance of internal documentation library, providing and/or coordinating special documentation services as required, and oversight of special projects.
- Must have strong organizational and project management skills and excellent writing and editing skills.
Qualified candidates would have the following:
- Advanced knowledge of network and system diagramming techniques
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Visio
- Working knowledge of IT Systems
- Proven experience working in a technical writing position
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Ability to actively engage subject matter experts and follow through on commitments
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Technical Writing, Business Administration, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- Typically has 2-4 years of business or technical writing experience and working knowledge of multiple software and graphics packages.
- Advanced professional level role. Works on several moderately complex, to complex document management projects as a project team member.