Data Center Engineer
Visium Resources has been asked to identify candidates for the following full time direct employment opportunity. This position has a salary, bonus, expense reimbursement and a full benefits package. This a 100% remote position. Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
The Senior Data Center Engineer role is responsible for configuring, installing, troubleshooting and repairing technical solutions for customers.
- Configuring, installing, and troubleshooting technical solutions for customers.
- Meeting the billable/chargeable targets set by the company. Billable and chargeable time should consist of assessments, planning, design, configuration, installation and support of the solutions offered by the practice.
- Consistent, accurate and timely tracking of client work, service calls, and related documentation including timesheets.
- Travel: To Customer sites on occasion. Access to a vehicle is required.
- Supporting internal technical projects where applicable.
- Acquire technical certifications per training plan.
- Attend technical classes and web training.
- Mentor less experienced team members when asked.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Qualified candidates would have the following:
- At least 7 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- AWS Migration and Support experience required
- Microsoft Active Directory Expertise
- OKTA Administration
- O365 Support
- Virtualization Experience (VMware, Hyper-V)
- HCI Solutions Experience (Simplivity, Nutanix, VxRail, Hyper-Flex)
- On call every four weeks to support customer
- Ability to relay technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills, critical thinking and problem solving or troubleshooting skills.
- Must possess excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required during client cutovers.
- This position requires a high level of independence and strong client service skills. Organizational ability is important to keep track of all tasks, because the job requires a great deal of multi-tasking.
- Must be a team player, yet work well independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must supply reliable cell phone. Cell phone costs may be reimbursed.
The following qualifications are ideal, but not required:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least one major vendor certification (AWS Professional, AWS Associate, Microsoft MCSE, MCITP, CCNP, CCNA, VCP-DCV, OKTA Certified Professional, etc.).
- SQL Management - Clustering, Sizing, Best Practices
- Linux Administration