Adjuster- SR Work Comp with Municipality/Self-Insured experience-REMOTE IN FLORIDA
Workers' Comp Claims: Presumption (Heart & Lung) claims, Lost time and Lost time with litigation and questionable MO claims Can be Remote if living in Florida
Work in MIAMI AREA preferred but Remote if you reside anywhere IN Florida
- Three to five years of Florida claims-related experience with a consistent high level of performance and achievement
- A four year college degree or equivalent work experience is preferred.
- Active Adjuster license (FL 5-24 or 5-20)
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish helpful
- Presumption (Heart & Lung) claims experience-preferred
- Lost time with litigation experience -Required
- Public entity/Municipality claims experience preferred
- Take recorded statements; work with attorney
- EDI experience preferred
Primary/Essential Duties and Functions:
Build and maintain rapport with client contacts to ensure retention; perform in manner to meet/exceed client expectations, following policy and procedure per client.
Evaluate files for reserve potential and for settlement (effective knowledge of MSAs and structured annuities).
Manage and direct the claim file including determination of indemnity, calculate loss of income; whether medical is related and appropriate; evaluate treatment plan, testing, surgery, surveillance, attorney involvement, return-to-work, light duty; proper calculation of all benefits.
Handle legal aspects of the file in negotiation of settlement; develop litigation/defense strategies with attorneys assigned to the claim file. Handle depositions, mediations and hearings.
Identify and pursue subrogation, fraud, vocational/field case management involvement. Comply with Excess carriers' limits and reporting requirements.
Presumption (Heart & Lung) claims experience helpful Public entity claims experience preferred
Full benefits package with Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, PTO, Holiday pay & MORE
Pay based on experience to $70K