Voluntary Benefits Sales Ft. Lauderdale/ Miami/ West Palm Beach
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, youll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Description
**This position has a high preference to candidates with Voluntary Benefits Sales experience and existing Broker relationships in and around the Ft. Lauderdale/ West Palm Beach/ Miamiarea.**
Sales Consultants are responsible for recruiting, training, educating, motivating and maintaining National and Regional Broker Partners to sell, service and conserve business in order to ensure profitable growth and to meet sales objectives established for an assigned market within the territory.
- Recruiting new producers, training, growth objectives for assigned producers, sales production from Workplace and Individual products, achievement of premium growth objectives, and the servicing and conservation of insurance in force
- Make qualified calls on groups with producers and provide enrollment support on a new producers first couple of accounts opened. The Sales Consultant provides training and on-going development of producers in assigned area in the region.
- Responsible for maintaining a positive working relationship with Sales Support, Underwriting, Policyholder Services, Billing Support, Compliance, Commission Accounting, Home Office personnel, and Allstate Field Management.
- Meet or exceed assigned production plan.
- Recruit, train, motivate and develop producers throughout assigned area in the region.
- Contribute to effective relationships between the producers and Home Office departments.
- Help analyze markets and formulate recruiting programs, secure producers who will effectively produce quality premiums.
- Work with producers to help bring value to their existing book of business and develop new opportunities.
- Provide feedback on changes in the marketplace.
- Help implement and support the corporate strategy.
- Help control and manage their own expenses to Company standards.
- Recommend termination of non-producers according to Company standards.
- Help implement and monitor procedures to improve persistency of business written in assigned area.
Education and Experience
- Successful sales experience in Life, Health and/or Voluntary Benefits is required
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in employee benefit sales and/or sales management of insurance sales force.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- Must have a Florida State Life Health and variable Annuity License
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Professional designations such as CLU and ChFC are desirable
- Must have a Florida State Life Health and variable Annuity License
- Sales communication and relationship building skills required
- Microsoft office proficiency
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to stay current on sales and marketing techniques and changes in state and federal law that affect the Companys sales efforts and impact the insurance industry in general.
- Experience in recruitment and management of insurance sales force
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.