Claims Team Leader - Level I
Are You Driven?® We Are.
We are a company of driven, enthusiastic and determined people. We celebrate achievement and success. We foster innovation, determination and recognition. Because of that, our employees feel recognized and rewarded for the contributions they make on a daily basis. At GAINSCO, It is our people that set us apart.
If you are looking for a place where you can make a difference, perceive how your work impacts the company, and be recognized for your efforts and passion, then GAINSCO is the company for you.
Why Join GAINSCO?
By joining GAINSCO, you become part of a dynamic and growing organization that has been recognized as a Top Workplace in both our Dallas and Miami offices.
GAINSCO's work environment rewards engaged individuals who have a desire to contribute and succeed. That's because our culture encourages individuals to grow their skills as they build their careers. Come join us and become a champion with GAINSCO.
What does a LEVEL I TEAM LEADER do at GAINSCO?
- Directly supervise 4-6 Liability Adjusters
- Oversee day-to-day processing of claims to ensure adjusters are performing based on GAINSCO Standard Operating Procedures and State regulations for prompt and accurate handling
- Provide ongoing training by coaching, counseling, and performance management. Ensure all employees receive communication of corporate/department policies and procedures
- Provide daily, weekly, and monthly reporting to adjusters and management
- Address and resolve escalated complaints
- Review and audit claims using a holistic approach
- Identify and develop process improvement opportunities
- Maintain strong awareness and involvement in recruiting needs, interview process, new hire orientation and participate in other ad-hoc activities
What is required?
- Bachelor's degree or higher preferred.
- State Adjusters License.
- Minimum of 4 years in a Claims Adjusting role in the Auto Insurance Industry
- Prior Leadership or Supervisory experience preferred.
- Proven understanding of auto claims investigations and claims processing.
- Knowledge of Georgia and Florida laws regulating the Automobile Insurance Industry.
Other skills and abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- Ability to monitor and assess performance;
- Ability to efficiently manage own time and the time of others;
- Ability to exercise objective judgment and critical decision making;
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify approaches and solutions to problems.
- Effective negotiating skills.
What else do you need to know?
- Competitive Salary based on experience.
- Excellent benefits package: medical & dental (Basic plan FREE), vision insurance, life insurance, short term and long term disability insurance.
- Parental Leave Policy.
- 401K + Company Match.
- Paid Vacation + Sick days + Floating Holidays + Company determined Holidays.
All offers are contingent upon a background investigation (including employment, education, criminal and DMV verification- when applicable) and a pre-employment drug test with results satisfactory to GAINSCO.
GAINSCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer