Technology Account Consultant
Compensation Range : $55,000 DOE
Imagine working for a company that has one of the widest selections of technology products in the industry. Staples Technology Solutions (STS) is a B2B Sales division of Staples Contract and Commercial. We provide multiple solutions to businesses including data center infrastructure products and services, desktops, laptops, tablets, peripherals and Managed Print Services. From the largest global enterprises to local commercial businesses, our STS team provides customized solutions that leverage our vast purchasing, warehousing, delivery and logistics and to meet customers everyday business needs.
The Technology Account Consultant – is an integral part of the technology sales model designed to collaboratively sell with high performing Print and Computing Account Executive teams. This role will act as a sales resource that will assist and support both the Computing and Print Account Executive within their existing customer base as well as uncover and develop new opportunities (Computing Devices, Transactional Print Hardware, MPS and Toner in Sequoia) for these customers.
The Account Consultant will primarily be focused on supporting the Computing and Print Account Executives (AE's), while learning the Computing and Print industry through education and development with Customer Care, Products, Solutions, Distribution and Sourcing.
- Work directly with assigned BDD's FSD's SAL's & AE's to identify, cultivate and pursue opportunities to drive further customer Computing and Print category penetration via telephone and in-person as needed
- Contribute to the development of solutions and proposals for both program and transactional Print opportunities
- Focus on customer retention and the following activities:
- Target growth in assigned accounts
- Penetrate accounts with multiple locations with local buying decisions
- Assist in growth of new customers
- Support the Sales Field Team as needed to prepare for and follow up after sales calls/sales activities
- Support bid initiatives including entering, submission, order tracking and follow-up
- Provide pricing & follow-up to external sales field and customer
- Act as the point of contact for the customer when the BDD, FSD, SAL or AE is unavailable
- Develop selling skills of qualifying, strategizing, sales call tactics, closing, and maintaining service levels
- Understand the key technology processes for sourcing, order fulfillment, and project management
- Learn the primary Staples operating platforms (Sunrise and Sequoia)
- Ad Hoc Support - includes requests from sales field , manager and leadership team for account and departmental initiatives
- Minimum 2-3 years related Sales or Sales Support work experience
- Minimum of 1-2 years of Technology Hardware Experience preferred
- Proven self-starter with energy and motivation to uncover, develop and close sales with ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be results oriented and driven by both financial and career opportunities
- Demonstrate strong time management skills
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Bachelor's Degree
- Industry Knowledge
Interested in joining the team? Check out our perks and benefits !
Staples believes Inclusion is a verb and we encourage diversity of thinking and ideas as well as backgrounds and experiences. Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.