Software Support/QA Analyst I
The position is responsible for the level one support for basic to medium complexity issues including troubleshooting and resolution. In addition, the position is responsible for documenting test plans, performing testing and documenting test results for all internally developed and vendor supplied software products for FPI.
- Monitors the tier one service desk queue in JIRA as assigned.
- Performs basic troubleshooting and resolves issues of basic to medium complexity.
- Determines when to create a linked issue to escalate to tier two support and/or escalate to a vendor for assistance.
- Monitors the status of open issues and performs routine follow-up until issue is resolved.
- Documents issues with internal comments that include findings and resolution. Updates customer comments with comments appropriate for user community when the ticket closes, when additional information is required, or to provide the user an update as part of routine follow-up.
- Develops test plans, executes test scripts and testing methods for all deployed applications.
- Documents test results for both passed and failed items. Includes proper supporting documentation to illustrate test results.
- Rejects JIRA issues, or opens new JIRA issues to address non-conformities with clear description and supporting documentation.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics or related field or a combination of education and relevant work experience
- 2 years' prior experience in the homeowner's insurance industry preferred.
- Excellent computer skills with experience using MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), MS SQL, Visio
- Must possess the ability to troubleshoot and apply logic to solve business problems and a willingness to dig into the details to ensure the appropriate approach and best use of company resources.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and assignments.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have excellent presentation skills
Florida Peninsula Insurance Company is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.