Bodily Injury Claims Adjuster (Attorney Represented)
1 day left
Are You Driven?® We Are.
We are a company of driven, enthusiastic and determined people. We celebrate achievement and success. We foster innovation, determination and recognition. Because of that, our employees feel recognized and rewarded for the contributions they make on a daily basis. At GAINSCO, It is our people that set us apart.
If you are looking for a place where you can make a difference, perceive how your work impacts the company, and be recognized for your efforts and passion, then GAINSCO is the company for you.
Why Join GAINSCO?
By joining GAINSCO, you become part of a dynamic and growing organization that has been recognized as a Top Workplace in both our Dallas and Miami offices.
GAINSCO's work environment rewards engaged individuals who have a desire to contribute and succeed. That's because our culture encourages individuals to grow their skills as they build their careers. Come join us and become a champion with GAINSCO.
What does a CLAIMS REPRESENTATIVE - LEVEL III do at GAINSCO?
- Establishes proof of loss by evaluating and/or investigating documentation submitted.
- Securing additional information from claimants, witnesses, physicians, employer, hospital, and other insurance companies to properly investigate claims.
- Initiates investigation of claims involving complex coverage concerns, with a strong knowledge of comparative negligence and awareness of causation and mechanism of injury concerns.
- Uses effective investigations skills to bring files to an amicable resolution with specific knowledge of litigation handling, effective verbal and written communication and demonstrating knowledge of coverage issues.
- Ensure legal compliance by following guidelines, company policies, and state and federal insurance regulations.
What is required?
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- A valid State Adjuster License where required
- 5 or more years of experience in Auto Insurance as a Claims Adjuster.
- Previous experience handling minor to moderately severe attorney represented injury claims is required.
- Prior experience interpreting policy language and state statutes is required.
- Proven track record of making sound coverage and liability decisions based on facts presented by customers and/or through additional fact gathering and investigations.
Other skills and abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to manage own time while prioritizing multiple tasks
- Ability to remain calm when dealing with difficult customers
- Effective negotiating skills
- Ability to gather and analyze information in order to evaluate results and choose the best solution to the problem.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Occasional weekend work may be required
What else do you need to know?
- Competitive Salary based on experience.
- Excellent benefits package: medical & dental (Basic plan FREE), vision insurance, life insurance, short term and long term disability insurance.
- Parental Leave Policy.
- 401K + Company Match.
- Paid Vacation + Sick days + Floating Holidays + Company determined Holidays.
All offers are contingent upon a background investigation (including employment, education, criminal and DMV verification- when applicable) and a pre-employment drug test with results satisfactory to GAINSCO.
GAINSCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer