Telecommunications Operator I - Pool/Per Diem - Shift Varies
Status: Pool/Per Diem
Address: 10000 W. Colonial Dr. Suite 285, (Health Central MOB) Ocoee FL 34761
The Telecommunications Operator implements procedures for processing codes and traumas quickly and accurately
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• 25 WPM Typing Speed Required
• Implements procedures for processing codes and traumas quickly and accurately.
• Monitors various alarm systems in work area to quickly and efficiently notify appropriate personnel when an active alarm is
• Answers and processes a high volume of calls accurately and professionally.
• Transfers callers to the proper entity when appropriate.
• Takes accurate messages when providing phone coverage for Orlando Health departments.
• Operates specialized computer systems/consoles to facilitate the rapid processing of messages, work orders and service requests
• Dispatches appropriate personnel by radio or paging system.
• Delivers appropriate pages to physicians, on-call personnel and other Orlando Health employees as needed.
• Familiar with HICS and is able to function during emergency situations.
• Participates in training, orientation and mentoring of new employees.
• Conducts overhead pages accurately and professionally.
• Maintains flexibility in work schedule in order to meet the needs of the departments 24/7 operations.
• Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state
and local standards.
• Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
• Maintains current schedules of on-call personnel as appropriate.
• Meets all Orlando Health mandatory and developmental requirements.
• Assumes responsibility for professional growth and development and continuing education.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.