Claims Water Mitigation Specialist
Position is responsible for analyzing, auditing and evaluating water mitigation reports, readings, drying logs, estimates and invoices to ensure they are reasonable and appropriate based on the services provided and per established guidelines.
- Review and monitor mitigation estimates and final bills to ensure they are reasonable and appropriate for the work performed; prepare comparative estimates.
- Accurately review emergency water mitigation information provided by vendors, and claim documentation, to verify services performed.
- Review and respond to requests submitted for mitigation services to exceed applicable policy limit for emergency measures.
- Interact with preferred and non-preferred vendors within designated timeframes throughout mitigation process to ensure appropriate water mitigation and dry out is performed.
- Communicate with assigned adjuster handling the claim and their claims management.
- When necessary, negotiate with preferred and non-preferred vendors to assure bills are in line with appropriate pricing and scope.
- Create alignment regarding policy and procedures with claims department and across vendors for handling water mitigation.
- Identify trends and recommend best practices and procedures to the Supervisor of Water Mitigation Services (EMS) team.
- Use Xactimate estimating software to adjust and reconcile mitigation estimates.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Florida licensed All-Lines adjuster (620), at least 12 hours of yearly Continuing Education as required by licensing division of DFS.
- 5+ years experience in property adjusting required.